[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I still like the slipknot songs I liked 10 years ago
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: slipknot_summer_tour.jpg (793 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
slipknot_summer_tour.jpg
793 KB, 1280x720
>tfw I still like the slipknot songs I liked 10 years ago in high school

Is it just nostalgia, or what. I legitimately like those songs. They sound good to me. Anyone else here feel that way?

Or do you guys have any guilty pleasures like this? I pretty much don't even listen to hard rock or metal anymore unless I'm drunk, but Lamb of God's Burn The Priest and Behemoth etc. I still like them. What about you guys?
>>
File: spoopy.jpg (487 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
spoopy.jpg
487 KB, 1500x1500
>>65605315
Y'all need satan
>>
>>65605335
I never heard of them but I will check them out. I mainly only come on this board during new album releases by AnCo or Radiohead (lol). I'm just lightly drinking and was looking back on things. Are these Ghost guys good or what?
>>
>>65605315
Their self-titled and Vol 3 are still genuinely good.
The rest is shit though.
>>
>>65605362
>>65605362
those were the two albums I knew back then. I heard their song psychosocial and listened to it sometimes, but I dunno, sounded kind of uninspired to me. It sounded good I guess. Maybe I just was older.
>>
>>65605360
It's pretty good. They don't take themselves too seriously and are mostly in it for music and fun. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.
>>
>>65605360
>Never heard of Ghost
...Never?
>>
>>65605401
Well now I know you aren't being ironic. I shall listen to them now, any suggestions. Im just gonna youtube them.
>>
>>65605414
It's possible I have but I'm a little bullheaded when it comes to music a lot. I have to listen to it until it grows on me.
>>
>>65605315
i was obsessed with them when i was 12 until i was 14. vol 3 came out and i hated it, and i started discovering good music at the same time. they still have some good songs though.
>>
>>65605362
Anyway to answer your question OP, yes I have a ton of guilty pleasures from middle school that I still like.
For example, early Linkin Park will always hold a special place in my heart no matter how juvenile and edgy it is.
Same goes for Mindless Self Indulgence.
>>
>>65605470
OP here, pls don't hold MSI and Linkin Park in the same regard. Ugh, but I know what you mean. I just never liked Linkin Park for some reason. But if I look at them with no bias, a few of their songs clearly sound good. I just never got into them. Well the first part of my post is a bit insulting, especially coming from someone who says they like Slipknot, so sorry about that. I just never knew MSI was that poorly regarded. Damn, I still thought they were good.
>>
>>65605454
How old are you now. I don't use question marks unless I copy and paste them, I spilled vodka and gatorade on my keyboard.
>>
>>65605514
i'm 26, and lol
>>
>>65605315
>tfw Corey Taylor had a good voice
what ever became of Stone Sour
>>
>>65605545
Ah, I'm 27. How does it feel to be nearing 30. Are you having any sort of crisis. Cus I am. I am honestly freaking out about it. I work at Kroger and have done nothing with my life but watch movies, listen to music, and play video games. Feelsbadman.
>>
>>65605565
They made a double concept album a few years ago. Really wasn't that bad at all actually.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83fG-46PkRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70TpDlcQQ6A
>>
>>65605730
That actually isn't bad, I'm a little surprised. I would like it if they stepped away from angsty melancholy a bit tho desu.
>>
>>65605595
i have my bad days but i'm all right. i started college late so i'm still in school so it keeps me going. plus i have my girlfriend who is an awesome partner. i work at Target so you and I are in the same boat lol

there's really nothing wrong with spending time watching movies and listening to music. they can be intellectually stimulating.
>>
>>65605414
Never heard of one of millions of bands?

...never?
>>
>>65605794
they can be but they dont earn you a living lol. It's good youre in school though. Maybe I'll pick it up again here if I can fix my financial aid. I just need to pay for a semester of my own and its fixed. If I do it before 30 it might not be a lost cause.
>>
>>65605818
Ghost is pretty popular dude.
>>
>>65605839
Is that the Swedish band with the costumes and shit
>>
>>65605839
I just listened to them and I can see why.

Holy shit this is great.
>>
>>65605335
>everyone saying good things about this album
>check it out
>KISS tier pseudo-metal

Baited again!
>>
File: Count_von_Count_kneeling.png (155 KB, 316x363) Image search: [Google]
Count_von_Count_kneeling.png
155 KB, 316x363
>>65605853
That sound like the count? Yes it is.
>>
>>65605761
Yeah, but pretty much all the lyrics are within the context of a story Corey is telling with the two albums. They actually come with a
booklet of the story that he wrote. Pretty cool feature.
Have a song that sounds just like Slipknot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZrmmljCvd4

Though I prefer their more somber stuff. I guess you could call it angsty, I dunno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJtIjnOllQ
>>
>>65605885
Did you listen to all of it?
>>
>>65605894
I don't think angsty is necessarily bad, I am just like when their is a mix of emotions throughout the album. I will listen to these though.
>>
>>65605912
It's true that I wasn't able to sit through all of it, but it just sounded really lame and flaccid especially compared to the "LOOK AT HOW SATANIC WE ARE" image of the band.
>>
File: 60355721.jpg (93 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
60355721.jpg
93 KB, 500x333
>>65605937
The satanic thing is just a gimmick. If you where looking for death metal or some edgy shit I can see why you would be disappointed. But you mean to tell me that this https://youtu.be/dtin1QiLrEE or this https://youtu.be/qS5-QmkKzJQ sounds bad?
>>
File: Linkin-Park-Hybrid-Theory-2001.jpg (357 KB, 1448x1448) Image search: [Google]
Linkin-Park-Hybrid-Theory-2001.jpg
357 KB, 1448x1448
Unironically the best album of year 2000 and still hits as hard for me as it used to.

Points of Authority is a beast track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZSPAp8kCl4

As far as real
100% nostalgia guilty pleasures go,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw
>>
>>65606112
Dude, Nookie was such a good song. I dont know why but god damn. It was so damn good FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK. It just has such a cool vibe.
>>
>>65606216
Does anyone have that MSI Shut me up video where it had like a news story intro. I can never find it anymore.
>>
>>65606254
this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruC0NVIeRFE
>>
>omg i like something that isnt drake or kendrick lamar or beyonce or young thug am i mentally ill /mu/ XDDD

fuck off nu male
>>
>>65606284
YES WHAT IN THE FUCK DID YOU SEARCH. I searched msi shut me up a hundred different ways and I couldnt fucking find it
GOd damn it i feel like a retard. HOW. I just assumed this was deleted five years ago or something. Please dont tell me you simply googled it
>>
>>65606286
Can you explain this meme to me a little more. If not that's cool too.
>>
>>65606286
>projecting this hard
nowhere were any of those artists mentioned.
>>
>>65606307
prolly region locked for u lol
>>
>listening to slipcuck
>in 2006 no less
>>
>>65606340
Im watching it though, but you are right the results could be region oriented, i dont know the actual algorithm
>>
>>65606307
I did, keywords msi shut me up full video.

been serveral years I last saw that video too
>>
>>65606388
damn, i dont know whati did wrong. Msi shut me up should have brought it up.
>>
>>65606074
The first track sounded like a cross between well produced dad rock and a Watershed-era Opeth outtake, not horrible, but I find it to be mostly unmemorable. The second track was better, but the vocals put me off.

I guess I feel like they'd be better if they went rawer and heavier. I hate it when a band calls themselves "metal" but even Weezer is heavier than they are.
>>
>>65606445
if you didnt feel like a badass listening to this as a kid i dunno what to tell you
>>
>>65606445
Fair points all around. Just one more https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY this is why they are as popular as they are.
>>
>>65605362
What happened, why did they get shitty. Asking of course in the parameters that you thought they were good to begin with, so haters need not apply
>>
>>65606601
I'll admit, I did like that one. I liked how it had dynamics and changed it feel through as opposed to the other 2 tracks. I still think the guitars and vocals could stand to be a little more rawer, but it was an enjoyable song.

I'm just frustrated because I feel like if they were rawer I could really get into them, and I feel like they're holding back just to get mainstream acceptance. I guess they're better than the boatloads of shitty metalcore that you see a lot nowadays so it's not a total loss.
>>
I still like several Green Day, Jimmy Eat World, Fall Out Boy, 311, and Panic at the Disco songs
>>
>>65606834
NOthing wrong with that, some of them are pretty catch honestly. Although you know, that sugar were going down song, i can never understand WHAT THE FUCK HE IS SAYING
>>
>>65605315
growing out of shit you like is for faggots
>>
>>65606865
Triggered desu senpai
>>
>>65606713
For me personally I was a huge fan of jordison, his drumming was just crazy creative, after vol 3 all of that was just gone, just generic garbage. The drums were always the best part of the band to me. Without that the boring riffs and the angsty lyrics is all you've got left.

Also just the dissonant af interludes that dj and the spikey headed dude created are amazing. That was another thing that just kind of disappeared after iowa
>>
>>65606112

Session and the Pushing Me Away remix are Linkin Park's least cringe-worthy and memorable songs.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.