[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this the modern day equivalent to Strawberry Fields Forev
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 410x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 410x410
Is this the modern day equivalent to Strawberry Fields Forever?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3MlbzCNDFSk
>>
I have no idea what that's even supposed to mean. They are both good songs and they sound pretty different from each other.
>>
>>65604789
Strawberry fields forever is the pinnacle of music and psychedelia, it has a lot to do with self diagnosis and the acid experience, and tame impala is the Beatles of our time and alter ego is similar with its subject matter. they're both rock songs demonstrating the contemporary effects and styles of their time
>>
>>65604847
>Strawberry fields forever is the pinnacle of music and psychedelia
[citation needed]
>tame impala is the Beatles of our time
[citation needed]
>>
>>65604710
>modern day equivalent to _____ discussion
This is always tricky, because when you compare things from different decades or time periods or whatever theres always a lot of context that was lost. I don't think "Alter Ego" was weird and revolutionary in the way that "Strawberry fields forever" was. But it's a really good psychedelic rock song. I would listen to the two songs together, on a playlist or something. But I don't think that Alter Ego is the "modern day equivalent" to Strawberry fields forever- Magical Mystery Tour was a much more important album than Innerspeaker was, even though both albums are very good.
>>
>>65604847
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>65604710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rag9hbtLxcM
>>
I'd say this desu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOyhwBHMgKA
>>
File: shia eyes.jpg (12 KB, 555x368) Image search: [Google]
shia eyes.jpg
12 KB, 555x368
>>65605044
how is this anything like strawberry fields
in terms of songwriting, context, anything
>>
Okay I was about tk make a thread about this, but seriously....

What's /mu/ honest opinion on tame impala
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.