[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Good Double Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
There aren't very many, honestly
>>
File: ExileMainSt.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ExileMainSt.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
king of double albums

>>65601380
that one's shit m8
>>
>>65601451
Not OP, but how can you not enjoy Spanish Bombs, Clampdown, and London Calling? Lost in the Supermarket is also good.

Regardless, Wire is the better band of that era by far
>>
>>65601451
He says as he posts Exile on Main St.

>>65601493
I've been meaning to listen to Chairs Missing, because I really loved Pink Flag
>>
I always thought the three songs on Side 4 other than I'm Not Down or Train In Vain were pretty weak. Other than that, it's perfect.
>>
>>65601493
that's my point it's too inconsistent, at least for me it is

Exile on the other hand only has 2 slightly weak tracks, the rest is fucking solid
>>
File: Quadrophenia.jpg (271 KB, 736x758) Image search: [Google]
Quadrophenia.jpg
271 KB, 736x758
Call me what you want but this is one of the most perfect albums ever made. Let alone a double one.
>>
>>65601528
you got a fucking problem with Exile
>>
>>65601530
Revolution Rock is the only one I would remove. Lovers Rock has a part in the fade-out that I love. Though Four Horsemen literally leaves no impression on me, so I won't defend it.
>>
Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven!
Soundtracks for the Blind
Songs in the Key of Life
The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
At Fillmore East
Zen Arcade
The Fragile
Aerial
Abattoir Blues/The Lyre of Orpheus
Electric Ladyland
Bitches Brew
Drukqs
Quadrophenia
Physical Graffiti
Daydream Nation
Sign O' the Times
Blonde on Blonde
The White Album [The Beatles]
>>
>>65601573
I think Quadrophenia is more consistent but Tommy has way higher highs
>>
>>65601528
I like Chairs Missing more than Pink Flag, I Am the Fly is fucking hilarious- Sand in my Joints is their best song period
>>
>>65601580
I've got the same problem with it you've got with London Calling. It's got some great stuff on it (Rocks Off is probably my favorite of their songs), but I couldn't care less about half of it.
>>
File: jnew.jpg (262 KB, 624x420) Image search: [Google]
jnew.jpg
262 KB, 624x420
Double?

>that's cute, pleb
>>
>>65601597
I guess the main problem I've always had with Tommy is that I wish Listening To You was more like the live version they performed with the song rising in tone to a climax with each repeated verse. The album version just stays in the same tone, which is fine but not nearly as good.

>From you I get opinions
>From you I get the story
>>
File: art-front.png (908 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
art-front.png
908 KB, 1400x1400
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.