[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm still butthurt that this didn't happen.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ninsoundgarden[1].jpg (63 KB, 460x548) Image search: [Google]
ninsoundgarden[1].jpg
63 KB, 460x548
I'm still butthurt that this didn't happen.
>>
I got to see the tour with NIN and Soundgarden, but Soundgarden wasn't as good as it should have been because it was an opening act and there was just no energy from the crowd. Still, NIN puts on the greatest live shows on the planet.
>>
when they toured almost everywhere else they had amazing openers or co headlined with qotsa and when I saw them we got fucking cold cave
>>
>>65587453
Finally saw NIN in 2013.
Seriously the best technology I've ever seen for a stage show.
>>
>>65587521
Yeah, I could seriously just watch the show without the music because the lights and props are so well done. Another thing that's great about NIN is that most of the people that go to the shows know all the words, so you don't feel alienated when you are the only one singing.
>>
>>65587406

Got a DG national headlining tour instead.

I'm so glad they didn't do this tour.
>>
can't see DG playing a stadium anyways. not intimate enough.
>>
>>65587406
It would have been awful for Death Grips. You need to understand that the pleb audience would have booed DG off the stage. I love NIN and Soundgarden, but the crowd both of these bring in would have hated DG. I've seen it happen multiple times at shows with a huge rock headliner(s) and an opening band that didn't fit in with the style.
>>
>>65588197
I think the worst example I remember was when I saw Tool and Tomahawk (One of Mike Patton's bands) was opening. Tomahawk are a great fucking group, but they were booed throughout the set. Another time a friend of mine saw Slayer and Gojira, and the shit fans booed Gojira's entire set.

The old 90's super rock bands bring in some shit fans.
>>
>>65588228
>they were booed throughout the set.
This makes me legitimately sad. What the hell.
>>
>>65588228
One time Melt-Banana opened for Tool, beginning of their set the lead singer said in broken English that they were really excited to be here and open for them. After their set, they got booed from the crowd
>>
>>65588446
thats retarded
melt banana are amazing live
>>
>>65588446
That's really sad
>>
>>65588197
>>65588228
can confirm the impatience and small minded mentality of many Tool and NIN fans. tool fans booed wovenhand and the NIN fans spent the entirety of Explosions in the Sky mocking the crescendos and intentionally clapping before the song was over (which was kind of funny but I hate to see decent performers mocked)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.