[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wew https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/ st-vincent-redesign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10
File: annie.jpg (123 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
annie.jpg
123 KB, 2000x1125
wew

https://i-d.vice.com/en_us/article/st-vincent-redesigned-an-electric-guitar-to-make-room-for-boobs?utm_source=idfbanz&utm_campaign=global
>>
Something about her just seems so insincere
>>
a good guitar already existed for females, it's called the Mustang.

That said Ernie Ball makes incredibly comfy guitars, and I enjoy St Vincents music to a great extent.
>>
that isn't a bad idea at all
>>
>>65537818
I get that feeling too. Maybe its just that I can't enjoy her music so she comes off as a tryhard.
>>
File: katdvd40c.jpg (810 KB, 1920x2051) Image search: [Google]
katdvd40c.jpg
810 KB, 1920x2051
>>65537847
Is it really necessary? If The Great Kat could shred with a "male" guitar I don't see why Annie Clark needs to modify hers
>>
>>65537880
Eh, if she feels like it's a problem for her and has the money to fix a guitar up to solve it who are we to stop her?
>>
>>65537909
nah more like the company approach her to sponsor it

more money for annie without dropping an album
>>
>>65537847
>tripfag
opinion disregarded
>>
>>65538010
>deleted his first post
opino
>>
lewd
>>
>>65538020
shh
>>
>>65537880
>if every great painter in history shat in a bucket, why do you need a toilet?
>>
>>65538217
apples to oranges
>>
>>65537609
PROOF THAT GUITARS ARE SEXIST
>>
>>65538217
So you're of the opinion that Annie Clark has personally taken female guitar playing to the next level? That the hundreds of female guitar players before her were doing it wrong, were too primitive to use her perfect boob-shaped guitar, as backwards as someone who shits in a bucket instead of a toilet? Annie Clark, and Annie Clark alone, plays a guitar style so advanced she needs a custom-built one to accomodate her figure?
>>
she doesn't even have large boobs
>>
>>65537880

>Jackson V.
>Tiny as fuck wing profile similar to the modified Ernie B, that typically lowrides or sits on the leg like in the pic.
>"Hurrr durrr this bitch can play a male guitar."

Brain damage.
>>
>>65538487
who says it's just for her?
>>
Well, that's cool I guess. Rather than bitching on twitter about it, she actually went out and made a guitar design of her own. That's a good thing.
>>
>>65537609
the only thing that stumps me on her guitar is that its priced at 2000 dollars, which just does not match up with what i believe her fan base would even consider spending on a guitar. typically that price point is for people who freak out over vintage gear or custom shop versions of older models. just exactly what kind of customer is this model aimed at? i think that if she really did want to push the "this guitar is for girls" angle it shouldve been priced way cheaper so that young girls could easily afford one - bolstering st vincents cred. i think ive thought too much about this.
>>
Is it possible to design a guitar for the EXCLUSIVE use of women only? Like, no male could POSSIBLY play this guitar?
>>
File: muGuitar.png (515 KB, 739x849) Image search: [Google]
muGuitar.png
515 KB, 739x849
>>65537880
>>65538409

She made the guitar because they offered the possibility to her, and while designing it she decided it would be better if it had more space. It's not like its a female-only guitar or that that feature is it's main selling point.

Apparently it's also a very good guitar, tho there are still better guitars out there.

>The Verdict
>Annie Clark’s signature model is visually striking. But its distinctiveness is more than skin-deep. Its superb ergonomics are perfect for players seeking a big-guitar sound from a light, lean-bodied instrument. The build quality is excellent. Three mini-humbuckers and unconventional wiring provide many distinctive tones, all of which benefit from the guitar’s fine intonation and great natural sustain. The price may seem steep for a solidbody with a bolt-on neck, but this is a unique new design, and the detail work and setup are fantastic. (Some skilled technician invested substantial bench time fine-tuning this instrument.) The St. Vincent is as cool, clever, and engaging as, well, a new St. Vincent album.
>>
>>>65540678
I didn't know Omar was a faggot.
Damn...
>>
>>65537609
she tries too hard, nobody likes her anymore.
>>
>>65540678

Didnt know Omar had boob trouble
>>
>women
>doing things

WHAT THE FUCK????
>>
>>65540842
>not reading the thread
WHAT THE FUCK????
>>
File: 23.png (135 KB, 483x442) Image search: [Google]
23.png
135 KB, 483x442
>>65540860
>reading

GO BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT GET OUT GET OUT
>>
maybe just wear the guitar lower like a normal person. no one but johnny cash wears their guitar on their chest.
>>
>>65540945
Only shitty punk faggots play with their guitar low.
>>
File: 1443291574535.gif (2 MB, 190x300) Image search: [Google]
1443291574535.gif
2 MB, 190x300
>>65540945
>i know more about being a female playing a guitar than a professional female guitar player
>>
>>65540678
why do I get the feeling that st vinny has never listened to this guy's music before

anyway the idea for the guitar is actually pretty cool, it's got a unique shape and making room for boobs is a good idea from vinny and her team. personally I'm not feeling the shape but it's nice enough.
>>
How many boobs does the St. Vincent signature guitar accommodate for? Oh, just... one?
>>
File: rule30.jpg (50 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
rule30.jpg
50 KB, 750x600
>>65537609
>>
Great now SJW shit is infecting guitars?

Maybelle Carter never needed a special guitar for her tits.

What a hack. Why can't females design anything without bringing their genitals into it. Can you imagine if a guy made a special guitar with a slot cut out so you can rest your dick.
>>
>>65541589
nice demotivational poster mémé friendo :^)
>>
This is a good idea. There's quite literally no reason for anyone to be upset by it.
>>
>>65541645
why are you so bothered by this?
>>
>>65541645
wow someone referencing maybelle carter on /mu/
>>
>>65537880
I've read the WIkipedia page of this woman and she sounds like the most tryhard retarded act I've ever heard.
>>
>>65541902
watch out gang, we got an expert on the scene
>>
>>65541730
>Great now SJW shit is infecting guitars?

somebody will find a way, every time you think there's no reason at all for anybody to ever be upset by something, just remember this one universal truth: somebody will find a way.
>>
>>65540678
This guy Iooks Iike a huge fucking faggot with that toy guitar.

Everybody invoIved in that picture is a huge tooI, are anyone other than S J Ws going to faII for this?
>>
We can only hope and pray that all these assholes get what they deserve for triggering us so hard.
>>
File: angel-olsen-portrait-wave.jpg (2 MB, 3072x2035) Image search: [Google]
angel-olsen-portrait-wave.jpg
2 MB, 3072x2035
Somebody get Angel Olsen one AMIRITE
>>
>>65542334
Hell ya bro
>>
>>65542334
jesus christ those are some fat fucking tits oh god oh lord have mercy im gonna nut ooooooohh ahhhhhhh hhnnnnnggggg
>>
>>65538409
way to misunderstand a really straightforward metaphor, homie. Just because everyone in the past had inferior technology doesn't mean that it can't be improved. Other female guitar players didn't need a custom guitar, but it would have been more comfortable. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>65542441
bait
>>
>>65542544
sounds like he's already 'bating
>>
File: female jack white.jpg (207 KB, 640x505) Image search: [Google]
female jack white.jpg
207 KB, 640x505
daily reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JiKTyMm7M
>>
>>65543000
This made me go back and undo the drugs I did in high school
>>
>>65537609
why not play a flying V?...plenty of room, uncomfortable to play sitting down though.
>>
>>65543000
What's wrong with this?
>>
>>65543157
because they sound like shit
>>
>>65540678
Best post ITT.
>>
>>65541902
Careful with that edgy opinion. She's so much better than you it's not even funny.
>>
>>65543227
No, the amp is more important, albert king and jimmy hendrix both had good tone through marshall 100w plexi heads.
>>
>>65538991
>its priced at 2000 dollars, which just does not match up with what i believe her fan base would even consider spending on a guitar

It's not for her 'fan base', it's for guitarists
>>
>>65543260
>shred wankery
Why would someone want to become good at something that sounds so bad.
>>
>>65543260
>The Great Kat is the stage name of Katherine Thomas (born 6 June 1966), an English-born, New York-raised, musician best known for her thrash metal interpretations of well-known pieces of classical music
>Guitar One magazine listed her as one of the "Fastest Shredders of All Time".
>Her classical background, technical skills and self-promotion are sometimes compared to Yngwie Malmsteen.

I don't even have to listen to her to know she sucks, and I love wank.
>>
>>65541484
>why do I get the feeling that st vinny has never listened to this guy's music before
because you're suspicious of every woman in a creative field, lol
>>
>>65543366

>S J W: The Post
>>
File: 1442191811906.jpg (58 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1442191811906.jpg
58 KB, 1024x768
https://youtu.be/RGIbR5jdA58?t=3m10s
>>
>>65543405
you're just so steeped in your SJW bullshit that you see it everywhere
>>
>>65540523
Design the neck as a erect benis and paint it period blood red. That'll ward off both straight and gay men.
>>
>>65543366
lol fuck off, it's more to do with the fact that she's bullshitted like that before before and then omar has her guitar and she's all "yeah one of my idols totes"

i'm not even criticizing her, I do that all of the time, most people bullshit about stuff like that sometimes, just saying what I think
>>
>>65540945
Ruban Nielson plays his guitar on his chest. Don't even act like he's not one of the best guitarists of our generation
>>
>>65542814
funny
>>
>>65543592
Everyone who isn't trying to look FUQQIN SIKK wears their guitar high.
>>
>>65540945
Tom Morello practically wears his guitar on his neck.
>>
>>65540678
>Omar plays a guitar for women
>>
>>65543680
he and the mars vulta are shit

the only good thing about them were jon theodore and ikey owens
>>
>>65540678
>@brooklyn vegan
vomit
>>
>>65543157
pretty sure she does. shes probably got a ton of guitars that she uses at different concerts
>>
>>65541902
....so a lot like St. Vincent then?
>>
Does Annie feel fabricated to anyone else? Like she's trying really hard or not herself. Did Bryne do this to her?
>>
>>65537609
>St. Vincent is a woman after our own hearts.
>She's a killer musician, a constant source of hair inspiration and—let's be honest—one half of a couple we routinely Google-image.

Now for the text that was mysteriously omitted
>And by "our," and "we," I actually mean "my," and "I," but of course I'd render myself in a position of discomfort if I weren't very, very consciously projecting my preferences and opinions on an audience that simply wanted to read about this apparent accommodation to the classic instrument.

Also:
>site's design incorporates lowercase tab titles, article titles, etc.
Jesus. They seem insufferable already.
>>
>>65544686
I guess, I've only heard that shitty Youtube video someone posted in this thread and sounds like shit.
>>
>>65545060
everyone puts on some kind of act on stage or when being interviewed
>>
>>65537609
The thing I really like about this (aside from boob room, which is nice) is that it's supposed to be lighter than a standard guitar. I have a hard time holding up/carrying a guitar for extended periods of time. I just don't have the build for it. Wish I could afford this model lol.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.