[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lewis Allan "Lou" Reed (March 2, 1942 – October 27, 2013)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: LouReed.jpg (477 KB, 2000x1476) Image search: [Google]
LouReed.jpg
477 KB, 2000x1476
Did any of us really know who he was?

What are your general opinions on him and his music?
>>
He's point at us
>>
>>65529249
>general opinions
Part of one of the best bands of all time, and also had one of the best solo outputs of all time. Enough said.
>>
File: 1458927463361.jpg (20 KB, 250x344) Image search: [Google]
1458927463361.jpg
20 KB, 250x344
>>65529249
Created Noise for a laff
>>
>>65529274
darn...
>>
DING DONG
>>
Could have been a really good singer when he actually tried. He only really seemed to try when he was doing studio, though, and even then he had an aura of "I'm only pretending to give a fuck right now".

He was a good writer, but the people who worked with him were often a lot more talented musically than he was.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkG9BKgDvNI

this is one of the best songs ever, and it has Bruce.

the dude did everything there is to do.
>>
As cool as it gets, imo
>>
>>65530672
listen to him sing after Bruce's monologue in >>65530705
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm8n0vhVJcg

"ruining rectums since 1998"
>>
I don't understand what he was so angry about.
>>
File: 1456848696344.jpg (319 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
1456848696344.jpg
319 KB, 1600x1064
>2013 was 3 years ago

jesus
>>
File: lou book.jpg (40 KB, 328x499) Image search: [Google]
lou book.jpg
40 KB, 328x499
I've been reading this book one him, and it was really eye opening to the type of person Lou was. As a musician it made me appreciate him a lot more, and as a fan of his music it was just cool to hear about his early bands and whatnot. He wrote I found a reason at least 8 years before he recorded it with the velvets, it was about shelly albin, the same woman he sings about in Pale Blue Eyes and so on. Lou was not a nice person, really fucked in the head.
>>
I met him once and he shoved his outstretched arm with a ham sandwich in his hand and said "this is what the song a perfect day is about, it is about the day I had the best ham sandwich".
>>
>>65529249
>October 27, 2013
holy shit
>>
>>65532828
I can believe this
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.