[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your honest opinion of Jonny Greenwood?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: jonny-greenwood.jpg (618 KB, 3000x1996) Image search: [Google]
jonny-greenwood.jpg
618 KB, 3000x1996
What is your honest opinion of Jonny Greenwood?
>>
Easily in my top 5 favorite guitarists.
>>
incredible all around musician
>>
>gibson
dissapointed
>>
>>65525843
Most talented member of the band
>>
he posts on this site, I know that. He's probably reading this thread right now
>>
>>65526175
Are you him?
>>
>>65526242
nah
>>
>>65526170
Agreed.
>>
>>65526251
Only the real Jonny Greenwood would deny being Jonny Greenwood
>>
Hi Jonny! i love you and i want to suck yr dick
>>
>>65526175
I think people here tend to forget that this is a public forum that anyone can access, and that yes, musicians are people with internet access. It encourages some pretty vile behaviour (see the way people talk about lavren for an obvious example). I agree that Jonny's probably been here though I doubt he's reading this thread. But if he is, hi Jonny! I admire you a lot.
>>
A poor man's Ed O'Brien
>>
>>65526408
I dunno about Jonny, but this is definitely Ed
>>
More like Jonny Greengood lol
>>
>>65526458
Ha, more like Jonny Greensubstantiallyaboveaverage
>>
Why did Thom steal Jonny's "h"?
>>
Personally an idol of mine. He has such a distinct sound on the albums you can tell instantly its him. His weird licks and solos really set him apart like the solo in Go to Sleep for example.
>>
His jawline was sculpted by the gods
>>
Bashy and grungy but very talented. Not as creative though.
>>
File: jonjon.jpg (159 KB, 540x810) Image search: [Google]
jonjon.jpg
159 KB, 540x810
>>65526498
Agree, radiohead's gotta be the most attractive band out.
>>
>>65526552
I thought this was a bong for a sec
>>
>>65525843
Damn, that Les Paul looks nice.
>>
I don't agree that he's the most talented member of the band, for one I believe that their music is dependent on all of the members' contributions and their ability to work with each other, and for two I think that if there's an undisputed "mastermind" in the group it's Thom Yorke, not Jonny.

He has an intensely powerful style of playing though, you can see the dichotomy of his approaches to guitar playing when he's either lightly strumming or borderline-assaulting the strings. Also, those who aren't guitar players probably don't realize that technically, Jonny's guitar work is more advanced and trickier than you might think, for real, some of his shit is tough to play; not in the sense where it's like trying to play like John Petrucci or something, it can just be awkward and weird to get a hold of. It's why he's so awesome though, I think.
>>
i never, ever use this word because it's so fucking overused, but i honestly think the man is a musical genius. he's not just a guitarist, he's much more than that. everyone thinks thom is the main guy behind radiohead, but if that were the case his solo albums would be just as good as radiohead albums, and they aren't, it's mostly just bleeping and wailing noises. jonny takes some of the weird stuff thom comes up with and expands on it and puts structure to it. he's like radioheads secret weapon.
>>
>>65528386
i don't know if i'd call what jonny does on guitar as 'technical' ability. he has a particular style and i don't think many people can replicate it, but it's not exactly technical in the typical way people use of the word

he has some really whacked out solo guitar sections on ok computer, the bends, and hail to the thief, but he's really big on using fucked up effects, so it's difficult getting his sound. i think ok computer has the most fucked up solos from him, airbag in particular is really weird
>>
>>65528532
>his solo albums would be just as good as radiohead albums

I genuinely like the eraser as a whole more than In Rainbows or OK Computer. I agree that Jonny's their secret weapon though.
>>
>>65526552
wot
>>
>>65528740
the eraser is fine, i don't think it's anything amazing but it's alright.

modern boxes was awful
>>
>>65528866
For me it was the consistency of the eraser that did it for me. Songs like reckoner blow all of the eraser out of the water, but I love all of the eraser more than 15 step or house of cards. I still liked tmb but yeah, it was a drop in quality.
>>
File: thm (425).jpg (358 KB, 893x1113) Image search: [Google]
thm (425).jpg
358 KB, 893x1113
>>65528784
What are you implying? Thom is the most beautiful man alive.
>>
>>65528532
Thom writes the actual tunes though
>>
>>65529288
Don't they collaborate? Like Jonny wrote all the string parts in AMSP
>>
he could've just wrote There Will Be Blood and he would still have a better catalogue than most musicians
>>
>>65525843
he has a nerd magnet.
some ugly ass japfag is stalking him
>>
both ed and thom are better guitar players than jonny
>>
I don't think he's as attractive as people make him out to be, but he seems like a really talented, humble guy.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.