[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For real though can we recognize Durst as a music innovator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
For real though can we recognize Durst as a music innovator? I can't think of any other bands that fused avant garde techniques like playing sampled guitars to live guitars other than MBV or Steve Reich.
>>
It's pretty hard to comprehend that Western pop culture ever got to a point where it allowed Durst and his fuckhead posse to become widely recognized superstars, even if it was only for like 3 years.
The late 90s and early 00s really were a very peculiar cultural nadir.
>>
>>65512731
>3 years
kek
They were superstars from 1999-2005
>>
>>65513551
Are you 12
>>
>>65512731

Their first two albums weren't as nearly as bad as Chocolate Starfish onwards. I'm not really saying they're great or even "good" albums but it's easy to see why they had a following originally. Significant Other has a sense of energy and groove to it you don't really see in many other pop albums from around that era.
>>
>>65514849

the problem with limp bizkit it's that they were taking over by a big record company only to squeeze the juice out of the rap-metal style til it became poppy and crappy. by those times the nu metal scene had great bands, some of them still are great bands, and while limp bizkit had great musicians (for example, no one can deny that wes is a great player, very different from the rest of the nu metal guitar players of that time) the purpose was explode the genre like a fashion that one wanted to know about a few years later. with that said, Limp Bizkit still managed to create some great songs in their career, even in a very stupid record like Chocolate Starfish there are cool tunes.
>>
>>65514745
I was when they were popular. I am 25 now.
>>
limp bizkit drummer was literally in many avantgarde bands before joining limp bizkit
>>
>>65515218
any info on this? on discogs it just says he played in limp bizkit and some comp
>>
>>65515376

boiler, the one, hot dog, full nelson
>>
>>65515537
i craweld outta your butt from hell
>>
>>65515537

IMO, the problem with most of the songs from Chocolate Starfish, is the instrumentation feels pretty streamlined overall.

Even on a slower song from their previous album, Re-arranged, you have some neat things going on, a neat bassline, Wes strumming and providing atmospheric licks in his unique style, and, of course, the drumming patterns. IMO the instrumentation feels a lot more tamed down in Chocolate Starfish.
>>
>>65515679

agreed
>>
IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.