[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this really as bad as everyone says?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Is this really as bad as everyone says?
>>
>>65511880
no, its just not as good as people wanted it to be.
>>
Nope! Don't take opinions posted on 4chan seriously anon
>>
half of the songs are good, the other half are bad
>>
>>65511880
It's only bad if you're already a fan of AnCo. Feels forced and gimmicky compared to the rest of their work, but out of context I assume it would be pretty alright.
>>
Nah, everybody on here loved it when it leaked and then the pitchfork review came out and everyone then said it sucked. Fucking losers, this album is fire.
>>
Save 3 songs and rare, scattered moments, it's trash. The live shows halfway redeem the songs, but also fail to truly deliver given their notoriously shitty mixing.
>>
>>65512680
fucking this!
>>
>>65511880
It's okay

>my feet
>>
>>65511880
pretty good. Some fun songs to sing along to
>>
>>65511880
its not the worst thing ever but its really not good enough to take your time listening to it
>>
It's pretty bad but it has some good moments, maybe they'll get it right next time.
>>
>>65512680
Stop it with this revisionist history bullshit. A lot of people didn't like it before the review. You're still butthurt because of all the trolls that posted "AnCo BTFO" along with a link of the review. Being this butthurt for this long is pathetic.
>>
It is indeed that bad. But /mu/ has a lot of blind fans in terms of AnCo and they'll try to say otherwise.
>>
File: 136813833089.jpg (185 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
136813833089.jpg
185 KB, 1024x819
>>65512740
>>65513429
>>65513333
>>
All the songs have grown on me a ton over time, except for Spilling Guts and Natural Selection

I think the boys just wanna have fun and make some fun songs. The songs all have very distinct structures and moods/sounds, but all have an overarching theme. But most all the songs are just plain fun to listen to and sing along to and bob your head to. I really enjoy the album, especially when I want to get pumped. Just throw on Floridada or The Burglars or On Delay or Golden Gals and it's an instant mood changer
>>
>>65511880
It's got some good tunes, but on delay, vertical, summing the wretch and hocus pocus all are just bland and really take away from the rest of the album.
Parts of it sound similar to Panda Bear's last album.
>>
>>65513480
Yeah, the zealous AnCo fans truly are ignorant of the music that exists in this world and pretend that the band's lesser albums still have something good to offer.
>>
>>65511954
Pretty much this
>>
It's not a bad album, but I hate it, if that makes any sense. It's just really obnoxious to me and lacks any emotional aspect.
>>
>>65513567
fuck dude those songs are some of my favorite off of the album
>>
>>65511880
no, it's just underwhelming

i'd even see people talking about loving this album before it became the meme opinion that it's terrible

fucking drones
>>
>>65511954
Yup. A bit of a letdown.
>>
>>65511880
listen to it
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.