[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is pet sounds good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pet_sounds_artwork_1024_1024.jpg (669 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
pet_sounds_artwork_1024_1024.jpg
669 KB, 1024x1024
Why is pet sounds good?
>>
>>65499029
Why do we get so many threads with people like this asking why Pet Sounds is good? Look in the archive op, there's been loads of threads like this lately.
>>
>>65499131
because I keep making them
>>
File: 1287168242t-risky-business_l.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1287168242t-risky-business_l.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>65499154
Hey, I made yesterday's one.
>>
>>65499154
>>65499178
Is this just to bait a Beach Boys general or are ye trying to force it as a meme?
>>
>>65499248
I just have been listening to it a lot so yes its baiting mainly. If it became a meme I wouldn't mind bcause I like talking abouti t
>>
>>65499268
Oh cool. It's one of my favourite albums and there's certainly a lot to talk about on it. Even if it's been talked to death a little bit.
I was watching an interview with Phil Spector recently and he was kinda talking about how Brian drove himself around the bend trying to live up to his work and he was pretty arrogant about how much better his work was than Brian's. He'd have been right to an extent if Brian had stopped making records around SD(ASN) but he was talking about Good Vibrations in particular and started talking about how the fact that it was a modular record made it inferior. The man was a bloody fantastic producer but delusional if he thinks Brian didn't surpass him in 1966.
>>
I'm glad the query already assumes that Pet Sounds is good.
>>
>>65499822
>modular recording makes it inferior
so basically he's a wrong generationer (60s version!) who would dislike all modern recordings
>>
>>65499908
Pretty much. I mean, that or it's an excuse for not actually criticising the content of the music. He says he thinks it's good but he calls it an "edit record" as if that prevents it from being a "great record".
https://youtu.be/GYBjOywJwLI?t=5m17s
>>
>tfw brian talks to you when you're making a song and tells you where to go with it

thanks brian
>>
>>65500140
Oh you get that too? Good, I thought it was just me.
>>
>mfw I finally understood why people compare beach boys and animal collective sometimes
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.