[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I write music like him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 500x750
How do I write music like him?
>>
DO do

DA da

BE be

BA ba

EEEEEE ooooo AAAAA

DO do

DA da

BE be

BA ba

EEEEEE ooooo AAAAA

Loop all your songs. Do nothing unexpected or original

x12

And you got yourself an album.
>>
>Get Deakin to do the music
>Read Mein Kampf for lyrical inspiration
>Hocket the words e.g.
>NIG
NOG
>FUCK
OFF
>BACK
TO
>AF
RI
>CA
>>
>take a popular melody from old canon songwriting
>write basic chord progression with any instrument
>translate said chord progression to synthesizers with lots of effects
>add drum machine, also with effects
>take first line of stolen melody and sing it as first line of your new song (first two measures)
>skip next two measures
>take second line of stolen melody and sing it over the next two measures, letting the last syllable ring out for as long as you can hold the note
>continue playing chord progression on synthesizers with the same drum machine rhythm going
>repeat again and again while slowly adding whimsical vocal noises drenched in every effect you can feasibly apply to it
>>
idk wanna fuck
>>
>>65498046
>>65497980
this
>>
why yall hatin on Noah?
>>
>>65498276
Not hatin. He's a great musician. Just not the godsend that some people think he is.
>>
>>65498276
this >>65498307

I really enjoy AnCo and Person Pitch to an extent, but literally every one of his songs are as >>65497980 described, so it's really hard to stay a fan of a musician that keeps making the same song.
>>
>>65498353
His songs on painting with are so "phoned in". Idk why he even bothered
>>
>>65498410
Not just the writing - but the singing on his songs as well. Oddly enough he sounded fantastic on the parts that Avey wrote for him. His BG vocals on the Burglars are some of his most lively since Chores, for instance.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.