[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genuine question: are you as snobbish and pretentious about other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Genuine question: are you as snobbish and pretentious about other forms of media as you are with music?

Sometimes I consider getting into films or books but then I remember how much happier I was listening exclusively to Green Day and videogame OSTs and think maybe it's better if I stay ignorant.
>>
This is the dumbest thing I've read today.
>>
Yes. I do everything pretentiously. I make sure to scoff at people for their wall colors and keychains.
>>
>>65496743

>Music

very pretentious

>Literature

who the fuck reads anymore

>Film

not pretentious at all

>Western animation

somewhat pretentious

>Anime

just a little pretentious

>Video games

only pretentious with specific series, overall not really
>>
>>65496757
Well I only ask as I imagine this is a curiosity for most members of this board. Music snobbery is inherently ludicrous (from a listening perspective at least) when compared to other artforms. I'm sure anyone who's ever read a decent book must find this place hilarious
>>
>>65497178
You obviously haven't been to /lit/, have you?
>>
>>65496743
Maybe you're a pleb, no offense.

Anyways the most popular films, shows, and anime are all pretty bad, so yes. Lit is generally way better if you stick to high school English curricula instead of the bestseller lit.
>>
>>65497244

popular films and shows are generally a LOT better than popular music

not sure why
>>
With video games, I'm pretty pretentious because I've played so many and I'm extremely knowledgeable in the subject. I know what's been done before, I've seen the good and I've seen the bad. It's all relative but I'm snobby as fuck with my vidya. I like some obscure music. With everything else I'm just like any other normie. I've wasted my life hahahahahaha!
>>
>>65497455

I can't tell if this post is ironic or not
>>
>>65497562
Ninja, please. You're on 4chan. Quit acting like you're above me.
>>
>>65497398
they're all at about the same level
>>
>>65496743
Most people probably aren't as pretentious about music IRL as they are here, it's an internet sort of thing. It's easy to be an absolute dick when you're not talking to someone face to face but the majority of people here wouldn't talk shit to people irl, at least not in the way it happens here.
>>
>>65499258

this

only super autistic people act IRL like they do on 4chan

and they are the laughing stock of everyone
>>
File: 1441940115632.gif (109 KB, 229x199) Image search: [Google]
1441940115632.gif
109 KB, 229x199
>>65497156
>even remotely enjoying anime
>>
Music and literature are my main interests, so I can be pretty pretentious about those. Film is up there, but I'm just getting into it more recently. Visual art I mostly just avoid talking about because I know next to nothing about it.

Anything else (anime, cartoons, videogames) I consume purely for mindless pleasure and I am aware of my objectively terrible taste.
>>
>>65497156
>who the fuck reads anymore

I hate you.
>>
>>65496743
I try to be critical with all art forms that I consume. It just happens that music is the one I have explored the most.
>>
>>65497398
Popular shows and movies are not as good as you think, and popular music is better than you think.

Let's be real, there's nothing in music that's as cancerous as fucking cape comic movies.
>>
I would totally be just as pretentious about literature and film as I am about my music if I knew as much about the former as I did the latter. I have been getting into more literature though lately and I've been enjoying it. Film I know a decent amount about but nowhere near as much as I do music. I've also been getting into visual art lately and that's very cool too.
TL;DR I would be equally pretentious if I had the knowledge to be
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.