[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is Bowie's best album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Low_(album).jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Low_(album).jpg
43 KB, 300x300
Personally I vote this, Side B>Side A.
Though Sound And Vision is the best track.
>>
File: download (1).png (2 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
2 KB, 225x225
my favourite was Low, until Blackstar came out
>>
>>65495144
I love the way Blackstar feels like Bowie contacting us from beyond the grave.
>>
>>65495091
yeah low is my favorite, but Heroes is growing on me lately, the live band killed it, check out live performances of the tittle track, listen to the drums closer
>diamonds.jpg
>>
>>65495144
This
>>
I used to think Low was the best, with Sound and Vision being my fave track, but now I like Station to Station.
>>
i've never listened to bowie and im listening to the man who sold the world cuz i remember the song being on mgsv

this is really fuckin good
>>
File: seinfeld wew.jpg (23 KB, 238x303) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld wew.jpg
23 KB, 238x303
>>65495091
>Side B
> Bowie's album
>>
>>65496263
I love memes too but check the credits, eno didn't do that much
>>
>>65496302
Oh really

> The album marked a movement for Bowie into electronic[9] and ambient music.[10] Side one of the album contained short, direct avant-pop song-fragments;[11] side two comprised longer, mostly instrumental tracks. On these tracks help was lent by ex-Roxy Music keyboardist and conceptualist Brian Eno, who brought along his EMS 'suitcase' AKS synthesiser (Bowie was later given this particular synthesiser as a birthday present after a friend obtained it in an auction).[12] Often incorrectly given credit as Low's producer,[13] Eno was responsible for a good deal of the direction and composition of the second side of the album and wrote the theme and instrumentation for "Warszawa" while Bowie was in Paris attending court hearings against his former manager. Eno in turn was helped by producer Tony Visconti's four-year-old son who sat next to Eno playing A, B, C in a constant loop at the studio piano. This phrase became the "Warszawa" theme. On Bowie's return Eno played him the work which impressed Bowie who then composed the vaguely Eastern European-sounding lyrics.[14]

I think it's obvious who was (mostly) responsible for the second side, and it wasn't Bowie, since it sounds exactly like Eno and Bowie hasn't made anything like it after it.
>>
File: 81cYxn16AkL._SL1300_.jpg (301 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
81cYxn16AkL._SL1300_.jpg
301 KB, 1300x1300
some of the most hard hitting songs i've ever heard are on HD, it's definitely my favourite

STS is second
>>
>>65497073
I really love Kooks and I don't know why.
>>
i like heroes more than low, fripp is a nice addition to the low sound t b h
>>
1. Low
2. Heroes
3. The Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars
4. Blackstar
5. 1. Outside
>>
i love low but objectively its ziggy stardust.
>>
>>65498081
Seconded.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.