[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vaporwares
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: 1465086873862.jpg (39 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1465086873862.jpg
39 KB, 500x375
Even though Vaporwave is kind of a joke genre, I feel like it has an "accidental stroke of genius" feel to it at times.

Like, when they slowed down that Diana Ross song and put it along with Windows 95 imagery, somehow it all "clicked" perfectly, creating a feeling of childhood nostalgia along with a strange feeling of being in a neon Japanese mall and drowning in their mall fountain. This is despite the fact that diana's song was recorded before Win95 even came out. And despite the fact that the song, when it was recordedat its "normal" speed, doesn't seem to have any Jap-like or mystical feel to it. Know what I'm saying?

It's like how The Beatles accidentally sped up the piano in "In My Life", giving it a posh/baroque feel that worked very well (even though that wasn't their intention when they recorded it at the normal speed).

The music also perfectly captures the nostalgia, warmth, and slight eeriness of older technology. You know that ending of 420 with the stuttering music? To me, that captures the feel of a 90s computer powering down or glitching out, and the slight disturbance or uncanny valley we felt as kids, seeing the normal-looking visuals of the DOS game we were playing abruptly crashing, and being flipped into a weird-color nightmare.
>>
File: leave_this_place.jpg (1 MB, 2196x1728) Image search: [Google]
leave_this_place.jpg
1 MB, 2196x1728
>>65494048
>>
File: anon gets tricked twi(...).jpg (1 KB, 16x125) Image search: [Google]
anon gets tricked twi(...).jpg
1 KB, 16x125
reply to this post or you will piss yourself in your sleep tonight
>>
>>65494321
me on the right
>>
File: vaperwave_tranny_meme.webm (937 KB, 400x242) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_tranny_meme.webm
937 KB, 400x242
>>
>>65494749
What's with the giant blackberry strapped to you?
>>
>feeling of childhood nostalgia
>a strange feeling of being in a neon Japanese mall
>nostalgia, warmth, and slight eeriness of older technology

kill le your'reself, leave planet earth or something else

Just stop exististing

Hide

eat one kilogram of tobacco

just kill yourself
>>
>>65494893
that wouldn't kill you btw
>>
>>65494926

At least it would kill your will to stay alive
>>
>>65494763
Is there an actual video of this?
>>
>>65494792
those are my "arrows" we were just roll playing so I had to make them non lethal, but come time for the war, I'll be ready and you will quiver at my might.
>>
>>65494686
Piss Piss
>>
File: Sumer1.jpg (133 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Sumer1.jpg
133 KB, 960x720
sumer
>>
vaporwave can be cozy as fuck, just like blockbuster memories or old home videos
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.