[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: RYM ratings with a big fat asterisk next to them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
ITT: RYM ratings with a big fat asterisk next to them
>>
>>65478739
what do you mean
>>
>>65478994
he's implying its scores/ ratings/ popularity is based only or mostly on Bowies death soon after the release. It no doubt had an effect but it was rating well already, so its a pretty sketchy assumption.
>>
>>65478739
Dale
>>
File: hmmokden.png (8 KB, 317x151) Image search: [Google]
hmmokden.png
8 KB, 317x151
>>
File: flamas.gif (95 KB, 344x512) Image search: [Google]
flamas.gif
95 KB, 344x512
>>65479022
Yeah that's what I'm implying. I guess that wasn't nearly as clear as I was hoping.
>>
>>65479022
The score definitely rose from something between 3.5-3.7 to almost 4 within a few days of his death. That's a pretty significant jump.
>>
>>65479289
hi chris
>>
>>65479491
>>65479022
I mean considering how important his death was to the concept of that record, it makes sense, doesn't it? His death put a new perspecive on the record, completely changing the context.
>>
>>65478739
That's a star, not an asterisk
>>
File: 77-heroes-600b.jpg (243 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
77-heroes-600b.jpg
243 KB, 600x600
>>65479022

I'm not convinced that Black Star was somehow a brilliant piece of music. A 3 star at worse, 3.5 at best, compare it to "Heroes" which to me was a phenomenal work.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.