[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is folk-punk the best music genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 180px-Planitxlogo[1].png (32 KB, 180x162) Image search: [Google]
180px-Planitxlogo[1].png
32 KB, 180x162
Is folk-punk the best music genre?
>>
It's literally the worst

I'm not /pol/ but when your entire genre is straight white males whining about how they hate straight white males its fucking CRINGE
>>
>>65477734
No, it's tropical house.
>>
>>65478042
B-but the Violent Femmes are still good, right?
>>
>>65477734
sell me on it
>>
>>65478539
Violent Femmes aren't folk punk, it's a meme. They're indie rock that happens to be played on an acoustic guitar.
>>
>>65478539
Yeah, so is Johnny Hobo and second and third Andrew Jackson Jihad albums.
>>
>>65478629
They predate indie rock you dweeb.

They're acoustic punk, which is all folk punk is.
>>
It used to be regarded as the gayest shit ever on here but I'm curious as to now. I know people sucked Andrew Jackson's Jihad dick for a while.
>>
flavored music can't be best.
>>
>go to plan-it-x fest
>it's literally whiter than the republican national convention

still enjoy some ajj and pat the bunny records tho
>>
>>65478042
That's why the best folk punk is the pogues. Though I don't mind some of gogol bordello's stuff.
>>
pogues are one of the best punk bands ever and i like the one billy bragg album i've heard, but ajj and johnny hobo and all that other whiny nonsense is abject shit
>>
>>65479794
Can't Maintain and Die the Nightmare are both great you toss.
>>
File: Shane MacGowan.jpg (35 KB, 323x351) Image search: [Google]
Shane MacGowan.jpg
35 KB, 323x351
>>65479808
whatever you say, champ
>>
MY DAD BUILT A RACECAR WITH HIS OWN HANDS

HE RACED THE FIGURE 8 AGAINST MANY A RECKLESS MAN
>>
>>65478042
>fucking CRINGE
*cringe*
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.