[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Suggestions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
So I've run into the unfortunate problem of running into shit music, and I'm bored with it. I know right? Anyway, I was wondering if you could name any bands that might suit my tastes.
Here's some of the groups I listen to:
Pat Methany group
Thin Lizzy
Steely Dan(Mostly their older stuff)
Yes
Eagles
Bibio
Daft Punk

I have also come across some exceptional classical music that has sparked my interest in the area, namely the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvPynMI6Umc
ONLY IN SLEEP - Ēriks Ešenvalds
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdtLuyWuPDs
VLTAVA - Smetana (this version is way too fast for me, but whatevs)

My question to you is, what music would you recommend to me based on these artists? Even if you recognise one of them and know of another that has similar themes, please let me know. I'd also like some advice on classical music. Again, ANY advice is appreciated. Thanks for reading this shit.
>>
File: 1465164668724.png (436 KB, 503x590) Image search: [Google]
1465164668724.png
436 KB, 503x590
This thread looks dead, but I'm here. If you recognise any of these artists, list off some of your favorites. that's all I'm asking.
>>
File: Summer_54c428_5921975.jpg (26 KB, 640x396) Image search: [Google]
Summer_54c428_5921975.jpg
26 KB, 640x396
I'm still checking this thread, plz respond.
>>
>>65475496
Just start listening to jazz.

There is literally a lifetime's worth of great albums to listen to.
>>
Just found this guy.

Pretty good. https://soundcloud.com/mcfabulous
>>
>>65476464
where do I start? I've listened to some Miles Davis stuff, but that's about it. Is there a list I can look at?
>>
>>65475496
>Yes
Have you tried any other prog rock bands?
>>
>>65476620
Not really; any suggestions? I'm fairly new to that sort of music.
>>
File: jazz2.png (235 KB, 1684x1710) Image search: [Google]
jazz2.png
235 KB, 1684x1710
>>65476581
I've got some flow charts if you want 'em
>>
>>65476684
2 or 3 more and I'll be set, I reckon. Thanks.
>>
dude
the world revolves around you, doesn't it?
just check the sticky and explore by yourself
>>
>>65475496
vengaboys
>>
>>65476766
Yeah, I know; but I was looking for something a little more specific. You don't have to reply if you don't want to.
>>
>>65476834
ok
read the fucking sticky
>>
>>65475496
>im bored of music i listen to
>give me music that sounds like what i listen to
>>
>>65476849
>>65476861
"You don't have to reply if you don't want to."

Apologies, I am new to this board, but you've given me a clear insight into what it really is. Cheers.
>>
>>65476937
>Again, ANY advice is appreciated.
I advise you to kill yourself
>>
>>65476937
this board is terrible yes
but I'm trying to be helpful by saying check the stick lmao
it will direct you to the mu wiki, which has tons of information on finding new music
>>48186754
http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Sticky
>>
>>65476999
thanks, I don't really know how to look for new music, but I'll check the sticky out for sure. Thanks.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.