[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greatest album I've ever heard.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: homepage_large.140bf2a7.jpg (107 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.140bf2a7.jpg
107 KB, 319x319
Greatest album I've ever heard.
>>
>>65475130
Did you not listen to Currents?
>>
>>65475130
Are you 12?
>>
Have you only heard that one album?
>>
>>65475130
Try 21 Pilots
>>
Try 21 Pilots
>>
I think you're exaggerating, though I'll admit it's better than every Beatles album.
>>
>>65476138
bait
>>
>>65475130
Currents>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>65476379
No this is my honest opinion.
>>
>>65476416
I doubt it.
>>
Y'all fucktheads.
>>
>>65476468
Why do you doubt it? Can you really not conceive of someone who thinks the Beatles are just "above average" while thinking Lonerism is solidly "good"? It's really not that weird an opinion.
>>
>>65476468
I can see where he's coming from

Kevin Parker is taking everything the Beatles did and making it better
>>
>>65476546
The Beatles revolutionized what music could be. Lonerism is slightly above average. I'm positive you're baiting
>>
>>65476627
>revolutionary = good
This meme is stale. The Sex Pistols were revolutionary and look how much praise their music gets.

The Beatles were above average at doing what nobody before them had done, and later on people did it much better.
>>
>>65476604
Tots, dude. Innerspeaker is way more better than anything they've done, though
>>
>>65476672
the sex pistols have gone down as one the foremost punk bands, they get tons of praise. you're baiting and have no clue what you're talking about in regards to what the Beatles did
>>
>>65476711
Yeah many people think they're the first punk band and nobody listens to them anymore because we all agree they're just kinda average at what they do.

>you're baiting and have no clue what you're talking about in regards to what the Beatles did
Not baiting, and all I need to have done to have this opinion is listen to the majority of Beatles and Tame Impala songs. Alot of the Beatles songs bored me, and except for some lame tracks on Currents every Tame Impala song is good.
>>
>>65476747
what's the best Beatles album in your opinion, I'm curious, also which tame impala album do you prefer and what tracks haven't you warmed up to yet?
>>
>>65476844
>best Beatles album
White Album
>best Tame Impala album
Innerspeaker, but Lonerism is almost as good
>what Tame Impala tracks haven't you warmed up to yet?
Yes I'm Changing, Past Life, Love/Paranoia. Sun's Coming Up from Lonerism is a little boring as well but not as bad as the worst from Currents.
>>
>>65476950
Forgot to mention, Elephant is also kinda boring.
>>
>>65476950
yea tame won't have the "gag" tracks like wild honey pie/ birthday/ yer blues/ savoy truffle......the white album can be good but also so outrageously kitsch and im not sure if its artistic or not...

a part of me honestly thinks the beatles at that point were somewhat saying "fuck off" in the way of being so damn famous they could take a shit and it would sell. Lonerism is an example of a cohesively designed/produced/written piece of art in which Parker really tries to bring all parts to another level
>>
>>65476950
do you at least like the second half of suns coming up? the guitar noodling with tons of effects? I really like that part it's like a secret hidden track

as far as those tracks currents it took me some time to apperciate them especially yes I'm changing, but don't give up they aren't that bad just different.

why do you prefer the white album? I'm stuck between it and abbey road personally.
>>65476978
Elephant is the main commercial single it's like the Beatles equivalent of come together it's kind of a false blues rock sort of song I really like it I think it's I think it does it's job perfectly showcasing the album
>>
>>65477077
>Elephant is the main commercial single it's like the Beatles equivalent of come together it's kind of a false blues rock sort of song I really like it I think it's I think it does it's job perfectly showcasing the album
I'm pretty sure I've discussed this with you in another Lonerism thread, but I think Come Together is a much more interesting track than Elephant.
>>
>>65477169
what if you removed the lyrics, does your position still hold? (not that other anon btw)
>>
>>65477169
Come together is my favorite Beatles song and while elephant isn't my favorite Tame impala song it's eerily similar to come together both in the lyrical content in the musical structure
>>
>>65477220
Nah, the riff in Elephant is really fucking boring. Come Together at least has dat bassline and those weird "shuttery sounds" in the verses.
>>
Currents > Innerspeaker > Lonerism
>>
>>65477252
Currents > Lonerism > Innerspeaker
>>
>>65477252
More like Innerspeaker > Lonerism > Currents

>feels like they only go backwards
>>
>>65475130
Poor guy.
>>
>>65477250
in elephant I like the way the vocals lay over the riff, and the middle sections elaborating on the theme getting more spaced out before "bringing it back" to the stompy part....I guess come together stays on the ground more, it doesn't "take off"
>>
>>65475130
It's meant to sound like that
>>
>>65477250
Do you think the riff is boring I quite like it again I like it's false rock nature how it starts and stops really fast it reminds me a lot of Black Sabbath or Led Zeppelin it's really heavy and distorted and dirty and they goes along with the lyrical content really well about a very self obsessed person much like come together which is also about a self obsessed person so much obsession he wants people to surround him (come all over me) you could interpret that how you want I always understood John Lennon whispering come over and over again as literally semen and the song is about the bukakje as he was really fascinated with that at the time, yoko ones influence
>>
>>65477348
do you know anything about the history/meaning of the song or you admit this is entirely your interpretation of what he's saying?

Never made the connection to "ejaculation" because........that's not what I read. and it also doesn't fit too well with the rest of the lyrics...
>>
>>65477405
It's just my interpretation but I think come together is very sexually explicit and I don't think John Lennon was whipsering come over and over again is a big secret about what it means. John Lennon was very good it crafting songs and cleverly hiding little secrets in them.
>>
>>65477292
>and the middle sections elaborating on the theme getting more spaced out before "bringing it back" to the stompy part
Yeah this is pretty well done, it's just the rest of the song that bores the hell out of me.
>>
>>65477459
I like the part of the song before the solo where he sings "here he is now coming down the stairs" and then the synthesizer makes that really fat sound almost like it's illustrating how much ego that person has it's just really clever
>>
File: a2094276869_2.jpg (21 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
a2094276869_2.jpg
21 KB, 350x350
>>65475130
Should listen to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjZYGMUlR-E
>>
>>65477271
Will Kevin Parker ever come close to how he felt on Innerspeaker?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.