[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To celebrate their new album I'm going to be doing a university
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Since_i_left_you.jpg (547 KB, 562x488) Image search: [Google]
Since_i_left_you.jpg
547 KB, 562x488
To celebrate their new album I'm going to be doing a university radio show on plunderphonics.

What are some other essentials I should include?
>>
Oneohtrix Point Never - Replica
>>
DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
John Oswald - Plunderphonics (or most of his other work)
Negativland - A lot to choose from, but I'd go for U2 for historical value or Helter Stupid for quality
Buchanan & Goodman - The Flying Saucer (for historical importance)
The Residents - The Beatles Play The Residents and The Residents Play The Beatles
Vaporwave (just in general really)
>>
File: jsrf.jpg (62 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
jsrf.jpg
62 KB, 480x480
I don't know if it qualifies as "essential" but Hideki Naganuma's work on the Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack is outstanding and one my personal favorites. It was my first introduction into the Genre.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSZIej-ZraE
>>
File: thrillofthearts.png (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
thrillofthearts.png
11 KB, 225x225
>>65467924
>>
Both Music By Cavelight and The Music Scene by Blockhead

Deadringer by RJD2
>>
>>65468079

>Negativland - A lot to choose from, but I'd go for U2 for historical value or Helter Stupid for quality

how about Dispepsi which has both more historical value and more quality than both of those?
>>
you could easily talk about Donuts for like an hour
>>
Donuts for sure. It's not sooo. It's pretty mild when it comes to plunderphonics but it's still there.
>>
>>65470311
Gonna agree with this anon, Dispepsi is best Negativland. It's what Vaporwave wishes it was.

Happy Hero is a fucking insane song though.
>>
>>65467924
if you don't know enough works to fill out a whole show you absolutely shouldn't be doing one on this subject
embarrassing
>>
>>65470262
Seconding these
>>
Solex and People Like Us are a couple of my favorites outside the big ones usually posted. Could also play some turntablism stuff like Kids Koala, Ground Zero, Leslie Sculpteurs de Vinyl, etc. A cool album I've been listening to recently too is called Rebetika and is a free improv recording using modified rembetika samples.
>>
>>65468079
Just listened to Plunderphonics for the first time. Oddly reminds me of Zappa at times, especially during Dolly Parton - Pretender
>>
That one album with the ball and the matchstick.
>>
Why are you doing a radio show about a genre you know absolutely fucking nothing about? You're asking a bunch of clueless adolescents for recommendations. You're an embarrassment and you're superficial and you should fuck off.
>>
>>65471149
This
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.