[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Listened to this for the first time earlier today. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (450 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
450 KB, 1200x1200
Listened to this for the first time earlier today.

It's pleasant enough, but I found it spectacularly bland. Gotta say I'm dissapointed, I was really expecting to like it a lot more than I did.

Is it the kind of album that tends to grow on you?

I'll definitely give it another couple of listens at some point, but I'd love some thoughts from fans.

Echo, Bravo is the clear stand-out track for me, by the way.
>>
>>65461736
shouldnt pick apart tracks like that

the songs should blur into one another

the album is def. a grower
>>
maybe youre just not one for slowcore after all, do you like any other bands in the genre?
try listening to love, claire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSzGhgN_XEk
>>
It grew on me. I don't love this album, but the more I listen to it the more I appreciate it.
It isn't necessarily a bad sign if you don't like an album on the first listen. I was totally indifferent to an album that later became a favourite album and even a favourite band. So give it time, and if it doesn't grow then abort it.
>>
>>65461736
it is absolutely bland as hell.
if you want to get into Slowcore, i'd reccommend Early Day Miners' first two albums and Escape The Day's only album. the latter isn't on spotify, as the other guy killed himself and disintegrated the band before Spotify was even a thing.

arguably Slowcore, but Olafur Arnalds is great. especially the album And They Have Escaped The Weight of Darkness.
Hungry Ghost is slightly bland, but pleasant enough.
The Tumbled Sea isn't on Spotify, but is easy enough to find on the net.
>>
doesn't click with everybody, desu. i think it's transcendent but it's easy to see why somebody would dislike it for all the reasons you mentioned.
no point in forcing it desu.
>>
>>65462636
>spotify
>>
>>65462889
eh, i pirate most of my stuff, but Spotify is decent enough to find new music with.
>>
>>65461736
IMHO that album is overrated in this site, however it's still good.
>>
>>65462636
>bland as hell
>Recommends Olafur Arnalds

Hahahahahaha
>>
>>65462889
>taking the time to illegally download when you can listen to it in 2 seconds legally
>>
fuck you and the horse you rode in on, pleb. thread hidden.
>>
>>65463884
>streaming
>>
I thought it was meh at first but now I love it
>>
>>65461736
I find it drags. It's good, but it's too long.
>>
>>65461736
If you don't appreciate the unique-as-fuck timbres on this album then it isn't for you. If you're looking for more obvious MUH SADNESS slow core listen to like fucking Red House Painters or Codeine.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.