[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: 1458876361583.png (114 KB, 418x455) Image search: [Google]
1458876361583.png
114 KB, 418x455
Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara finally getting an 8.3 BNM?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins? [taking the Big Apple’s publications by storm]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired, metal albums still won't get BNM, everyone still won't care]
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp? [retired, will probably still get asked to show feet]
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 24

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
https://mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Thoughts on Wildflower?
-Freddie Gibbs arrested in France
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, Peter, Bjorn and John, Local Natives, DJ Shadow, and Swans.
-/p4k/ forever
>>
The Avalanches 8.5

Screenshot this
>>
The Avalanches 9.1
Screenshot this
>>
The Avalanches 8.1
Screenshot this
>>
>>65450488
Whitney 8.4 BNM
>>
The Avalanches 7.1
Screenshot this
>>
File: a_master_is_out.png (22 KB, 1301x185) Image search: [Google]
a_master_is_out.png
22 KB, 1301x185
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1tAYmMjLdY
>>
>>65451831
oh shit
>>
>>65451831
Zoe pls come back

Lets write her a letter famalino

Dear Zoe,
>>
>>65452830
COCAINE
>>
>>65452830
I'm gay
>>
File: Pleasure To Meet You.jpg (296 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure To Meet You.jpg
296 KB, 960x960
Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM
>>
WOAH A 8.3 BNM HOW EXCITING IS THAT????
>>
NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Whitney 8.3 BNM by Matthew Schnipper
Big Thief 7.7 by Jillian Mapes
Melvins 5.5 by Saby Reyes-Kulkarni
Moonface / Siinai 5.9 by Benjamin Scheim
Payroll Giovanni 8.0 by Dean Van Nguyen
>>
>>65451706
You're off by 0.1 points, I sentence you to plebdom
>>
File: DeadSara.jpg (125 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
DeadSara.jpg
125 KB, 720x450
>>65453780
>>
14 replies on a BNM night. Are all the P4K patricians at Webster Hall or are these threads barely hanging on?
>>
File: Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png (1 MB, 1011x1980) Image search: [Google]
Pitchfork 2009 to 2015.png
1 MB, 1011x1980
>>65454232

The majority of us left when Pitchfork became this.

I was literally one of the most frequent contributors to these threads (made most of the OP pasta as well) "back in the day" but the site is a complete embarrassment now

And not a funny "haha, those indie rock pricks xD" type of embarrassment, but a legit complete garbage dump not even worthy of ironic discussion

I still pop in here from time to time just out of habit

Quite sad what they became
>>
>>65454290
Stay for Dead Sara, they'll get BNM one day.
>>
>>65454290
How do you feel Conde Nast is helping/hurting?
>>
>>65454232
ebb and flow. replies will pick up with swans, frank ocean, avalanches, etc get released.
>>
>>65454455
Double dubs confirm. I've seen it have many nights like this and all of a sudden a huge review drops and everyone posts about it. I'm sure many many more people on /mu/ stay up to date with pitchfork than just those who post here
>>
jery get ipad
>>
>>65454290
53% is ridiculous.

I think people forget that black people form 11% of the US population (yeah yeah I know theres more to the world than the US, fuck you im too lazy to look up stats for other countries), and When there was the big thing about Oscar discrimination, it's really a non issue because IIRC something like 10% of oscar winners were black. I mean it's proportional.

I guess some people think "There are 2 races, white and black, thus each must be 50%". This is especially stupid because Asians are the ones who really have been """""discriminated"""" against in Oscars, p4k lists etc. But nobody cares about that... just like nobody cares about how 25% of ivy league students are asian but they are like 5% of the population.
These idiots have a hard time reconciling the case of Asians with their oversimplified dichotomy of "privileged vs non-privileged". It's so much more complicated than that.
>>
/p4k/ - the home of patricians and also racial scientists
>>
>>65452830
FEET
>>
>>65452830

Janitors banning Zoeposters was the final-final nail in the coffin for P4K nightly

It was just fun good natured postin about a writer on the staff and they shut it down, it was the last real juice these things had
>>
>>65454881

nu-males and SJWs are legit fucking crazy, its really sad and im really wonderin if/when it will ever end, it seems like we're in "peak SJWdom"

>>65454382

even worse

p4k actually was a kind of cool site in the late 90's/early-mid 00's
>>
>>65455226
Zoe, please leave
>>
>>65453164

What is the story here again? i asked earlier but i forgot to check for a reply
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.