[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't /mu/ like Neil Young?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: everybody knows.jpg (79 KB, 628x628) Image search: [Google]
everybody knows.jpg
79 KB, 628x628
>>
Some of us do.

What did you all think of La Noise a few years back? I think it was one of his best albums in a while.
>>
Sez who?
>>
Because /mu/ is too busy jerking off to memerap to appreciate real songwriting.

On the Beach is god tier.
>>
>>65427176
As a song yeah but the rest of the album is worse than Harvest, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, AND After The Gold Rush.
>>
/mu/ is pretty favorable of Neil Young. I have never really seen too much dissent against him, especially his classic albums, other than memes and >dadrock
>>
but I do
>>
i read once that his guitar playing was a pretty big influence of kevin shields' glide guitar technique
>>
>>65426995
>tfw that dog is dead
>>
>>65427288
why did you post this man
>>
>>65427027
Fucking great album.
>>65427176
Fucking great album.

None as good as OP
>>
>>65427585
best neil young album is tonight's the night tho
>>
>>65426995
I love Neil Young.
>>
If you make a nine minute song about having mashed potatoes, and not having a t-bone you can expect people to get angry
>>
He'll be fine
>>
File: 1463772299761.gif (2 MB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1463772299761.gif
2 MB, 255x191
>>65427811
DON'T YOU DO IT
>>
1. Rust Never Sleeps
2. After the Gold Rush
3. Everybody Knows
4. Freedom
5. Tonight's the Night
6. Time Fades Away
7. On the Beach
8. Harvest
9. Comes a Time
10. Hawks & Doves
11. Trans (very underrated, a couple misleading, amazing tunes in there)

Underrated but not amazing: Storytone, Silver & Gold, Sleeps with Angels

Kind of shit: American Stars n Bars, Zuma, Reactor

Hilarious: Everybody's Rockin'
>>
File: nm3v1eFSJZ1urqjhoo1_500.jpg (40 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
nm3v1eFSJZ1urqjhoo1_500.jpg
40 KB, 500x370
>>65428049
>Kind of shit: Zuma
>>
>>65428141
I dunno, that whole run from Zuma through Reactor is just a mess. Neil was just culling from his back pages, which were usually the best songs on the albums—Pardon My Heart, Long May You Run, Little Wing, The Old Homestead, Star of Bethlehem—and filling it up with whatever indulgent shit he was coming up with in between benders, like Cortez the Killer and Like a Hurricane. Never liked Neil's extended cuts, even Cowgirl in the Sand and Down by the River grate on me sometimes.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.