[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can this be considered Kendrick Lamar's "magnum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 00 To Pimp A Butterfly-1.jpg (66 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
00 To Pimp A Butterfly-1.jpg
66 KB, 640x640
How can this be considered Kendrick Lamar's "magnum opus" when so many people worked on the album? Kendrick is almost overshadowed by features and co-writers on this album, and the production credits are huge. Not to say it isn't a great album, but I think it should be seen more as a success of current music and popular culture and less of one single person
>>
>>65425139
A writer isn't necessarily someone who writes bars for the artist. Producers, background vocalists, featured artist, people who inspired the artist in some manner (sometimes) are credited as writers.

Regardless, I don't view that as devaluing the project in any way. These people on the album are tools and paints that the painter utilizes to paint his artwork.
>>
>>65425502
you got memed on son
>>
>>65425139
You didn't even copy and paste it correctly you fucking hack
>>
Literally.
Kendrick Lamar didnt write this music but it doesn't make it bad yea?
"Lyrics genius" - who cares for lyrics?
>>
Tfw plebs don't understand auteur theory
I'm not even a Kendrick fan
>>
You can say the same about most famous rap albums.
>>
> kill whitey the musical
>>
>>65428230
That's the reason they suck.
>>
>>65428230
Really most black music. Look at Motown/Stax. The business used to be better, though. Before they'd actually at least try and make accessible music, now it's just about "how many features and special effects can we cram into these songs to make the average jinjo say 'ooh' and 'aah?'"
>>
Drake's Views has like 50+ writers, producers, and musicians. He technically is leading a platoon of people to make one lame album, what are you even complaining about?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.