[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm going to see cage the elephant live tomorrow. I haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 61TuTZvm4DL._SX300_.jpg (38 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
61TuTZvm4DL._SX300_.jpg
38 KB, 300x270
I'm going to see cage the elephant live tomorrow. I haven't heard many of their songs, just the radio hits. What can I expect? Are they good live? Portugal. The Man, and twin peaks will also be there, but I haven't heard much from either of them.
>>
>>65422580
Seen Portugal twice and CtE once.

Portugal plays a pretty good show but I really enjoy them as a band in the first place.

CtE is super fucking high energy. I forget the singer's name, but he's all over the place. Very Jagger-esque.

Kinda jealous desu.
>>
OP expect the albums Melaphobia and Thank you happy birthday. Melaphobia sucked but live they are good. He cant hit some of the same notes though
>>
>>65422580
I saw this same show last night anon

Twin Peaks were better than I expected - pretty high energy for an opening act and enjoyable even if you don't know their stuff

Portugal. The Man were great - they played the stuff from Evil Friends infused with more of a jam band sound rather than electronic. Definitely diverged from the studio versions, but in a really good way. They also played a new song which imo was lackluster, but still cool.

Like the other anon said Cage is ridiculously high energy - the lead singer goes insane and interacts with the crowd the whole time. You'll enjoy their show even if you don't know the songs or lyrics because it's just a big party. Also - try to get close to the catwalk - he dove off the stage right onto us - it's worth. Such a good live show

but yeah, overall, you'll enjoy the show even if you don't know their stuff very well. I took a friend and it was his first concert ever and didn't know the bands well but he was ecstatic afterwards
>>
>>65422580
Saw them a few years ago. Pray he performs sober, he literally squeals like a fucking pig on stage and just screams lyrics. Absolute fucking trash, ruined so many live shows by getting too high.
>>
I'm seeing them this Tuesday, so I'd also like some tips. My cousin saw them and she says Matt (lead singer) loves stage dives etc., and you guys seem to be saying the same. From videos of their live stuff I anticipate a sound that's different but good for shows. Am I on the right track?
>>
>>65422968
Who?
>>
>>65423225
The elephant
>>
>>65423243
There's an elephant?
>>
>>65423327
yes

the elephant sings

it's like how pink sings for pink floyd
>>
I saw CtE live. Not the greatest concert, but still fun and entertaining. Lead singer really does have a lot of energy. He jumped into the crowd and had them hold his legs as he sang. The only downside is that the sound system was kinda shite.
>>
>>65422869
>melophobia sucked
It had a couple good songs. I wouldn't say it sucked, but it was definitely not their best.
>>
>>65422580
Cage the Elephant is a fun band, really high energy like people have been saying before. Sort of reminded me of Iggy Pop. I saw Twin Peaks a few weeks ago in a small club and that shit was off the wall insane but I don't know how they are in an arena setting. Also, Melophobia is by far CtE's best album unlike what the others are saying
>>
>>65422580
Cage the Elephant is a fun band, really high energy like people have been saying before. Sort of reminded me of Iggy Pop. I saw Twin Peaks a few weeks ago in a small club and that shit was off the wall insane but I don't know how they are in an arena setting. Also, Melophobia is by far CtE's best album unlike what the others are saying. Highly recommend both bands
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.