[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
POUR SOOOOME SUGAAR ON MEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: DefLeppard6.jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DefLeppard6.jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
POUR SOOOOME SUGAAR ON MEEE
>>
>>65416485
Nah, they were always mediocre.
>>
I actually quite like that song, and it's probably unintentional homo-erotic undertones.
>>
RIP Steve Clark

Fucking great band, hugely underrated today because they went low profile after glam metal went away. High N' Dry and Pyromania are amazing.
>>
It's not so much what they did as what Mutt Lange did. He was possibly one of the worst things to ever happen to rock.

>basically invented that horrible laboratory-slick 80s production
>came up with the idea that 75% of an album should consist of singles so that it took almost 3 years to release all of them
>>
The first two albums were decent NWOBM.
>>
>>65417016
> It's not so much what they did as what Mutt Lange did.
True
>basically invented that horrible laboratory-slick 80s production

To each his own. IMO he was one of the best producers of all time. His work on AC/DC albums was sublime

> >came up with the idea that 75% of an album should consist of singles so that it took almost 3 years to release all of them
What's so bad about it?
>>
>>65417265
On Through The Night is just a lame Bachman-Turner Overdrive imitation. Same goddamn chord progressions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBZqmJjIDPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VF4J9xzIVs
>>
File: Def-Leppard-Hysteria.jpg (334 KB, 1011x1004) Image search: [Google]
Def-Leppard-Hysteria.jpg
334 KB, 1011x1004
>tfw I listened to this album SO MUCH on my mp3 player when I was 12
>>
>>65417418
Roll On Down The Highway was a big UK hit. I'd be very surprised if DL didn't cop a few things from that song.
>>
The funny part is how Joe Elliot still pretends he's a rock star when he just looks like a balding 50-something dad from Sheffield who wants a pint and a pie.
>>
File: christgau1med1.jpg (25 KB, 400x266) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med1.jpg
25 KB, 400x266
Pyromania [Mercury, 1983]

Fuckin' right new heavy metal is different from old heavy metal. The new stuff is about 5 silly beats per minute faster. And the "new" metal singers all sound free, white, and more-or-less twenty-one. C+

Hysteria [Mercury, 1987]

You know about the music and if you don't think you'll like it, you won't. Impeccable pop metal of no discernible substance--in short, it's completely irrelevant to everyone except for AOR programmers and the several million addicts of the genre. From a technical and marketing point however, it's more interesting. Stuck with over two hours of material after four years (could 12 songs be any longer?) they've eclectically decided to take advantage of CD formats rather than vinyl discs (which they outsell now) and audio cassettes (which they outdollar) and put it all on one album. I find the cassette sound a little dim, as commercial cassette sound tends to be, and while I do appreciate the depth of the vinyl, especially once I crank my stereo up to 9 or 10, the clarity of the CD becomes decisive once the needle approaches the outgroove. I mean, I have trouble perceiving these guys as human beings under ideal circumstances. Not docked a notch because at least they didn't pad it into a double. B-
>>
>>65417545
Also his voice is shot.
>>
>>65417545
Yeah, to be honest he does suck now
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.