[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Perturbator? They released a new album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
What does /mu/ think of Perturbator? They released a new album last month.
>>
>>65408627
I liked them a lot when they were in Hotline: Miami but I'm curious to listen to them outside of that
>>
>>65408627
>They
It's one guy and it's the cream of the crop for synthwave
>>
>>65408667
true, true

too bad he decided to stop that project. But if that means more quality releases from his other projects good for us.
>>65408657
nice false-flagging, faggot
>>
>>65408667
right, sorry, HE released a new album last month.
>>
Electronic music for metalheads i.e bad electronic music for metal children with zero attention span
>>
>>65408907
t. indiecuck from RYM
>>
>>65408907
what on earth are you talking about? are you just using metal as a boogieman completely out of context and relevance?
>>
>>65408907
I bet you think Deafheaven is a good band
>>
>>65408907
are we listening to the same artist?
>>
>>65408924
but RYM is full of children who like metal and Perturbator
>>
>>65408928

the guy has a metal background and I believe he said in an interview once that he listens to nothing but metal.
>>
>>65408978
oh alright then, carry on
>>
slightly 2spooky4me

also justice sounded waaay harder than this planisphere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZgfrDMQFas
>>
>>65408978
the patrician choice
>>
>>65408627
I don't think I've disliked any of Perturbator's albums so far. I'd also recommend Dance With The Dead and Magic Sword.
>>
>>65408978
>the guy has a metal background and
yeah
>I believe he said in an interview once that he listens to nothing but metal.
nope
>>
File: image.png (98 KB, 302x187) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98 KB, 302x187
>>65409051
>>
I don't really like Perturbator all that much.

Carpenter Brut is better.
>>
>>65408907
Remember when /mu/ used to like metal?

Now we get this shit.

>liking metal = hurr durr retard child
>>
>>65408627

This album is good synthwave but if you don't like synthwave you won't like it.

It's well made and pretty varied for what it is imo.
>>
>>65408933
Why aren't they a good band? Because you don't like their fans?
>>
>>65410835
Because they make atmospheric black metal without atmosphere and with chugs instead.
>>
>>65410857
Even if they do who gives a fuck? Because people misclassify their genre you think they are bad?
>>
>>65410886
So what you're saying is that they're good at making bad atmoblack and therefore shouldn't be considered a bad band?
>>
>>65410936
you said the make atmospheric music with no atmosphere, therefore it isn't atmospheric music. How can they make bad atmoblack if they don't make atmoblack? You are contradicting yourself.

If you feel they don't make atmospheric black metal music why do you insist on calling their music atmospheric black metal? You're doing this to yourself.
>>
>>65411027
fuck off with your cheap sophisms, will ya?
When your dad makes a lame pun that doesn't make you laugh, do you call his joke "post-humorous" or do you just call it shitty?

it's the same with Deafheaven: it's got the tremolos and the reverb and the melodic interludes but it doesn't have the emotion and the escapism.
>>
>>65411136
You just keep remarking on how it's different and not how it's actually worse. You're so unbelievably hung up on the fact that you believe the genre it's tagged under is incorrect.
>>
>>65411136
>When your dad makes a lame pun that doesn't make you laugh, do you call his joke "post-humorous" or do you just call it shitty?
humor is even more subjective than music
>>
>>65411178
oh then what are you gonna call it then? post-screamo?
Do you think that rebranding boring music is enough to make it entertaining, moving, and interesting?
>>
>>65411202
That's fucking irrelevant. Subjectivism doesn't work in real life.
>>
>>65411221
>still hung up on what genre it should technically be
You're fucking dense.
>>
>>65411244
different people will have a wildly different sense of humor

therefore humor is subjective
>>
>>65411273
and some senses of humor just suck, you know it
>>65411251
it technically IS atmoblack, but it's effectively bad atmoblack
>>
not bad, but as far as synth people go Tobacco is a lot more impressive to me
>>
>>65408627
the only synthwave im diggin atm.
>>
perturbator is good but his fans are cancer
deafheaven are good but their fans and haters are both cancer
/thread
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.