[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay, >what exactly is this >how is it different from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: sp_404_top_gal.jpg (162 KB, 722x1050) Image search: [Google]
sp_404_top_gal.jpg
162 KB, 722x1050
Okay,
>what exactly is this
>how is it different from any other MPC
and
>why does everyone use it

I've seen a bunch of hipster beatmakers using it - why this one specifically
>>
>>65363377
it's a sampler but not an mpc

it's kinda rare and looks cool.
>>
Yeah it's just a sampler. Seems kind of expensive to me but I think people use it because it's a solid product
>>
File: 556228921_1280x720.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
556228921_1280x720.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
I see people using the sx version a lot too
>>
good sampler
really good for live performances
not that different from an MPC
some of the onboard effects and sequencers are different

the sp-555 is better anyway, from what i hear
>>
>>65363486
Rare? Really? Maybe the original version, the sx is still in production.

>>65363638
The sequencer and effects (namely the filter) are very different though..
>>
>>65363706
Honestly whats the difference between the sx and the original?
>>
>>65363638
>not that different from an mpc
what are you talking about? Just because MPCs can sample doesn't make them similar to samplers. MPCs do a lot more than just sampling
>>
>>65363770
i meant in sampling functionalities
guess i didnt make it that clear
>>
>>65363766
An improved (imo) effects section, larger storage and faster processing
>>
I have one. Its really fun to just mess around on. The effects and the amount of things you can do are endless
>>
I use one. Only things that suck are the shit-tier pitch shift and the garbage sequencer, but the effects and workflow make up for it. I usually sketch out my tracks in maschine and then export the stems and play them live on the 404
>>
I personally like the 303 better, but I'm a Madlib fanboy so I'm biased. It doesn't have a lot of the in-depth features the MPC has (such as splitting a sample into twelve different notes, precise sample chops). The 404 can do more than the 303 but I like the effects and the workflow better on the 303. If you really wanna go old school cop yourself a 202.
>>
File: grimes.jpg (212 KB, 736x1104) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
212 KB, 736x1104
>>65363377
It's pretty great. It's a sampler that Grimes used for years (and she's still using it). It looks nice.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.