[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ feel about Pantera? I have browsed through all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: Pantera-FarBeyondDriven.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Pantera-FarBeyondDriven.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
How does /mu/ feel about Pantera? I have browsed through all the essentials charts and haven't found a single Pantera record.

Is it too mainstream for /mu/? Is groove metal a genre that is not appreciated around here?

Is Pantera too old for /mu/gsters to appreciated, yet not achieved legendary status like older bands?
>>
>>65362076
Vulgar Display is a great album, never listened to anything else tho aside from obvious singles like Cemetery Gates
man I remember when my mom would blast cowboys from hell when I was little
>>
>>65362076
Nu-males of /mu/ would never understand Pantera
>>
File: Trendkill.jpg (141 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Trendkill.jpg
141 KB, 800x800
>>65362159
So you have a chance to hear ``Floods'' for the very first time. I suggest you do that, you won't be disappointed. Pic related.
>>
File: Dime.jpg (36 KB, 598x326) Image search: [Google]
Dime.jpg
36 KB, 598x326
He's one of my favorite guitarists
>>
>>65362262
I think you're right.

This ecosystem is not welcoming of sickass shit like Pantera.
>>
>>65362345
It's too aggressive and testosteronic for today's tastes.

But take something like the solo of ``This Love'', no one writes or plays stuff like that anymore. I hate to be the le wrong generation old fart but it's a lost art and no one really replaced Dimebag Darrell RIP.
>>
anyone got any opinions on reinventing the steel? everywhere seems to not talk about it at all, but at the same time there's nothing very negative about it
>>
File: Pantera.jpg (88 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
Pantera.jpg
88 KB, 640x420
Pantera happened twice, and I like both of them.

"Come on eyes" was the first pre-phil Pantera I heard and I was really interested in the guitar stuf he was doing.
>>
>>65362662
it got a shite cover that's for sure
>>
>>65362662
I love that album
>>
File: phil.jpg (51 KB, 342x480) Image search: [Google]
phil.jpg
51 KB, 342x480
>>65362810
The more glammy stuff was pretty interesting yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesdBImFZ6g
Solo on this is probably one of darrel's best

>>65362076
Pantera is pretty much responsible for getting me into metal even if I don't listen to them much anymore. Early teens me went from whatever radio nu-metal to Pantera, and it's been a long trip since. Also still think Dimebag has a lot of amazing guitar work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN6Eo5Nlp9Q
>>
File: Monsters of rock.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Monsters of rock.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>65362076
Pantera's performance at monsters of rock '91 Moscow is great.

The break-down of domination live is kick-ass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lXXvUIEy2o
>>
>>65364352
that show was just so fucking good
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.