[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These are by far the most talked about (and some of the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: png.png (220 KB, 415x315) Image search: [Google]
png.png
220 KB, 415x315
These are by far the most talked about (and some of the most critically acclaimed) albums of the year, but it seems like /mu/ is mostly ignoring them. Why?
>inb4 stfu poptimist
>>
>anti
>views
>critically acclaimed

?????
>>
all of them are bad. coloring book is the least bad. acid rap is somehow miles better. i got to Mixtape on coloring book and i just dont want to go any farther
>>
>>65355452
>These are by far the most talked about
pretty sure TLOP and AMSP edge coloring book on that one lol
>>
>>65355466
Anti is critically acclaimed. Views at least has great singles ("One Dance" is GOAT).
>>
>>65355472
Honestly, How Great, Angels, Smoke Break, and Finish Line (All after Mixtape) are better than most of the songs in the first half.
>>
>>65355472
Why do you think Coloring Book is around 90 on Metacritic? I agree it's not nearly as good as reviewed, but damn that is some serious adulation.
>>
>>65355489
That's probably fair, but those albums are talked about more for the artists' legacy and based on their past works I think.
>>
>>65355594
i'll try and finish it then
>>65355618
just hype by kids, and i hate to sound like one of those people but i feel like mediocre rap is getting a pass in media if it has some sort of "message" behind it
>>
Views isn't nearly as bad as people here say it is. Anti and Lemonade are just like every other thing Rihanna and Beyonce have released, nothing new. Coloring Book is pretty fucking good though, some people just don't like the gospel influence I guess.
>>
>>65355991
>Lemonade and Anti are nothing new
Quality aside, both artists are clearly trying something at least slightly different
>>
>>65355452
>nigger shit

no thanks
>>
>>65355452
I liked ANTI and Acid Rap but Views is boring and I haven't listened to Lemonade yet
>>
>>65355991
I like gospel influence a lot, but i dont like coloring book because it seems like the drums are mixed at a 9/10 while the instrumentals and backing singers are at a 3/10, and chance is at a 8/10. Really bad mixing desu. the vocals and lyrics from chance and the horns all sound cartoon-y, and have no punch. And the drums are just cheap.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.