[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 10.jpg (35 KB, 301x300) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
35 KB, 301x300
So, /mu/, do you listen to mostly whatever /mu/ likes (Swans, ANCO,) or do you branch out? I thought Korn's first album was pretty awesome.
>>
>>65354866
Yep, it was a quite promising one. If Korn was ever worth anything, it's all here.
>>
>>65354866
this is a legitimately good record.

>(Swans, ANCO,)
never bothered with Swans. I fucking loathe Animal Collective.
>>
Not a big Korn fan by any means, but I'd rather listen to that album than Swans or AnCo, not even meeming
>>
I don't like most /mu/core †bh. Some stuff I like but for the most part I find the /mu/ consensus to be a little flimsy, forced, and feigned
>>
>>65355000
Untouchables also has lots of relisten potential
>>
if you like /mu/core you don't belong in /mu/
>>
Korn isnt bad but it's memed as edgy school shooter tween music
>>65357284
This is true. But there's still good stuff within the core.
>>
korn IS bad, but they did have some good ideas on this one album and a smattering of tracks after where they successfully combined the creativity of this album with pop songwriting. they certainly never made anything of value after the turn of the millenium and are up there with some of the most laughable, cringeworthy, trendhopping, corporate bullshit music ever created with their latter-day material. their singer is also responsible for fred durst having a career

but yes, korn's debut is generally quite a creative and unique release for its time, and i think most people are beginning to (begrudgingly) acknowledge this, despite its cancerous influence on the popular rock music that followed
>>
I think Toxicity by System of a Down is very good but also thought that Korn album was shit. I think the first song had a good riff but I just hated everything else.
>>
itt: plebs
>>
>Korn s/t
>Around the Fur*
>Toxicity
>L.D. 50
>S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

you have now heard every good nu-metal release

*I don't really think White Pony is nu-metal, but it's obviously better if you do count it
>>
Their s/t and Life is Peachy were both very enjoyable for me.
>>
>>65357692
>he forgot Significant Other
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.