[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just listened to this album Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: ThickAsABrick25thAnniv.jpg (99 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ThickAsABrick25thAnniv.jpg
99 KB, 500x500
I just listened to this album
Is it good?
>>
>>65354688
It depends on how familiar you were with prog upon discovering it + what kind of prog you're into.

I had already known quite a bunch of bands by the time I got to this album and so I thought it was boring and wanky. To others it's a masterpiece
>>
>>65354688
>Aqualung is still better
>>
>>65354688
The lyrics are GOAT. But half the record was shittily improvised in the studio due to the time constraints. So in the end it's just average but the beginning is great
>>
jazz flute is for little fairy boys.
>>
>>65354688
>just listened
>is it good

Yes it's god tier but make your own opinions goddamn
>>
>>65354706
>boring and wanky
The composition is pretty damn versatile though. It's not as if they're delivering wallpaper solos over a vamp like some "prog rockers". The song changes so much, you may aswell be listening to an album of separate songs were it not for the compositional unity and flow of it.
>>
>>65354688
I don't know man you're the one who listened it
>>
>>65354688
I like it
>>
>>65354688
Are you incapable of forming your own opinions?
>>
>>65354806
>improvised in the studio
Sauce on this? I'd heard some sections were recorded in one take but as far as I was aware, this was prewritten material. Some parts of the arrangements and arrangements deffinitely were improvised but that's a very common practice in prog rock and is as a result of the jazz roots of the genre. It's also something Jethro Tull weren't exactly unfamiliar with either. These guys all could have been accomplished jazz musicians cause the stuff they do improvise is good.
I'd be very surprised to hear they didn't know roughly what they were gonna play based on precomposed changes, melodic ideas and the structure of the overall piece.
>>
My wife's son marathoned it a week ago. He said he loved it.
>>
>>65354688
>Is it good?
If you need to ask, it's not good.
>>
>>65355009
>>65355133
>>65354959
>>65354859

Being THIS new
>>
>>65354806
Just the beginning of 2nd side isnt as good. Whole 1st half and majority of the 2nd is amazing
>>65355199
stahp
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.