[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WL/WH > TVU&N Who hear agrees?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1500x1495) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1500x1495
WL/WH > TVU&N

Who hear agrees?
>>
Yes.
>>
Heroin is better than everything else they ever did put together
>>
>>65354610
Venus in Furs tho
Heroin is #2
>>
>>65354627
venus in furs has nowhere near the emotional depth of heroin, heroin is literally the best rock song of all time
>>
>>65354651
Heroin is very good but best rock song of all time? I wouldn't go that far.
>>
WL/WH is probably my least favorite of the first 3. The Gift and Sister Ray get really old after repeated listening.
>>
>>65354583
desu

WL/WH is more influential than TVU&N in the underground and semi-mainstream rock genres that the album helped to bring to the general public (such as proto-punk, noise rock, garage rock), but overall, TVU&N has more influence in terms of general popular genres of music (such as krautrock, drone, ambient, new wave, post-rock, dream pop, noise, as well as some influence in the genres in the previous genres WL/WH did, albeit to a lesser extent).

But personally, I just prefer TVU&N, the previous paragraph is just my understanding of why I think TVU&N is generally seen as "better" than WL/WH, though they're both bloody great.
>>
I like it more personally, but I think TV&N is a better record
>>
i personnaly think that TVU&N is the better album then WLWH however Sister ray is the best song in the discography and possibly the greatest rock song of all time.
>>
>>65355027
Why best song ever? Under what parameters? How would you rank it among your favorites?

>>65354712
This. That's the only correct answer.
>>
>>65354583
ok meme man ;)
>>
>>65354651
>emotional depth
how do people fucking determine different values for this (or emotional integrity or w/e) and what levels of it have viable quality?
This is why the difference between Mill and Bentham makes no sense to me.
>>
>>65354681
Holy fucking pleb
>>
Anybody that has actual taste
>>
100%
>>
>>65354583
agreed. self titled is their best, followed by loaded, and then this. vu&n is their worst. when they got john cale's shrieking viola out they started to get good. the less cale the better, imo. the only thing he contributed to positively was sister ray.
>>
>>65354651
>heroin is literally the best rock song of all time
Actually, that's Sister Ray.
>>
>>65356887
This
>>
VU & Nico is more re-listenable though.

The Gift and Sister Ray jams are great for like 5 listens but any jam dies after that. All Tomorrow's Parties, Venus in Furs and Heroin are songs that I could listen to on repeat forever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.