[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album's so disappointing to me, because I know lots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Marquee_moon_album_cover.jpg (57 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Marquee_moon_album_cover.jpg
57 KB, 300x300
This album's so disappointing to me, because I know lots of people love it, but I don't see the appeal in it at all. I always hear it's the greatest guitar record ever, but nothing about it sounds special.
>>
you might be retarded.
>>
idk what to tell you, dude. shit's fire
>>
>>65337067

/mu/ likes to overrate a lot of albums that aren't special at all. Don't worry about it. Just listen to what you like and move on.
>>
This album is fucking amazing but the best rock album for me is Daydream Nation
>>
>>65337067
It's nnot the best guitar album ever.

But for it's time, it was really fucking unique. You had this "punk" band from the og scene that played long, technically complex songs and didn't use any kinds of distortion pedals, with amazing guitar interplay, jazz influenced improvised solos and "artsy" lyrics. It was the footprint for a shit ton of indie bands out there (i.e., The Strokes are basically Television 2.0)

It sounds unremarkable to you because lots of bands took from that album, so it doesn't sound like anything new nowadays. But at the time, they were probably the first to combine punk's sound and style with great musicianship.
>>
Marquee Moon is the shit, Tom Verlaine probably started the Jazzmaster meme.
>>
>>65337067
Listen to it closely, even on the straightforward songs. There's more going on than you realize. Also Venus and the title track are accessible, you should enjoy those.
>>
>>65337242
this

though saying it's not special at all is hyperbolic

revist it in 10 or 20 or 30 years and maybe you'll be at a place in life where it works for you. or maybe you'll never like it. or maybe you'll get an itch to listen to it next week.

don't worry, have a nice life
>>
>>65337475
and this
>>
Did you guys know that Richard Lloyd was taught guitar by Hendrix himself?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.