[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't get what makes this album special other than the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
NickDrakePinkMoon.jpg
93 KB, 300x300
I don't get what makes this album special other than the fact that he died.
>>
Wait a year and listen again, eventually things will make sense
>>
Haven't listened to Bryter Later, but the near lack of string arrangements on Pink Moon makes it very, lack of a less overused word, intimate and soul-bearing even without the morbid association.
>>
It's really pretty.
>>
Great songwriting and thanks to lack of string arrangements and a band in general, Nick's masterful finger picking comes through loud and clear.
Also it doesn't overstay its welcome at only like 30 or so minutes, and has enough variety for great replay value.

>>65330370
Also this.
>>
pinga pinga ping

pinga moon
>>
Nick Drake was musically ahead of his time. This album is a grower.
>>
it sounds like he's in your living room crooning sad songs just for you, and the fingerpicking is intricate and beautiful
>>
>>65330370
b-but i liked the strings on five leaves left
>>
>>65331539
i like em on bryter layter too but nick shines most when they're stripped away imo

river man is one of the absolute best songs though
>>
>>65331633
i think river man is his best too.
listening to pink moon again rn i think you're right about the stripped strings
>>
>>65331191
I'm not disagreeing with you, but you seem to be somewhat incorrect. Nick wasn't an amazing songwriter, but what he did do was write beautifully simple songs that he was able to deliver in an intimate way. Also, Nick was a great finger picking guitarist, but he did all of the songs on Pink Moon in one take, and you can hear where he occasionally flubs a note or so. By no means does this take away from Nick or the album, if anything it adds to it by making it seem more intimate and desperate. It's basically these faults that make Pink Moon as special as it is.
>>
>>65329062
you could literally say the same about the meme bowie album
>>
>>65331919
Nah m8 and the simplest songs are always the best.
>>
>>65331919
Pink Moon is one of the most stark and honest albums I have ever listened to. It's a reminder that listening to music for what is there is more rewarding than listening to music for what isn't there.
If anon hears Pink Moon and think it needs more, anon missed the point
>>
Nick Drake was an incredible guitar player and each song uses very odd string tunings that add to the atmosphere

Honestly it's not a hard album to "get"

I'm convinced these threads are just bait by pink moon fans
>>
i wonder why nick decided to go with the simplified version of place to be, the demo finger picked version is better imo,
>>
>>65329062
Who cares that he died?

It's short, stark, and intimate.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.