[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Death Grips the new Beatles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: thenewbeatles.png (2 MB, 776x2696) Image search: [Google]
thenewbeatles.png
2 MB, 776x2696
Are Death Grips the new Beatles?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 KB, 32x32) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 KB, 32x32
>>
>>65321775
I can see it.
It's a meme to say/ call them a meme but name another artist who's constantly putting out new changing music. Seriously name one. Every current artist sticks to their same form and movements yet DG is a constantly evoking art form. It's all just my opinion tho I'm sure I'll be called a massive pleb.
>>
>>65321775

Yes!

Both were the meme bands of their generation. The tradition of biggest memeband goes Beatles --> Pink Floyd --> Radiohead --> Death Grips.
>>
>>65321938
what fucking evolution have they undertaken? /mu/ always says this, but i don't hear it, and i've followed them since ExMil
>>
>>65321979
If you have seriously followed them like I have since live from Death Valley/ep/Exmil then you would known their evolution as a group. Sample based industrial hiphop to more crisp pop experimental, then a full 180 into dirty grimey/ primal hip hop on no love deep web, GP being very electronic repetitive, NOTM being their most experimental using borks voice as the percussion on zachs v-drums and off kilter beats, with some of the darkest lyrics ride has written. Going into JD with punk vibes, loud overbearing guitars really in your face, now to BP. I feel like I wasted a lot of time typing this.
>>
>>65321979
how the fuck can you have followed them since exmil and not see any progression
every single album has a different sound, bottomless pit being the only exception kind of.
>>
>>65321938
Animal Collective.
>>
>>65322112
Animal collective have changed just not as drastically as DG has. But I've only listen to them since they came out with STGSTV I haven't listened before that and I know I should.
>>
>>65322127
>I've only listen to them since they came out with STGSTV I haven't listened before that
wut
>>
>>65321775
I fucking love Death Grips.

But no.
>>
>>65321946

Pink Floyd is actually kind of cool for how popular they were imo.
>>
>>65322112
>>65322127
AnCo have definitely changed more than DG has, but this isn't to discount DG. Idk, music is an art form that's so oversaturated. I'd think to think that both bands have made contributions that will leave a lasting impact (I truly believe that both bands have made contributions that are worthy of leaving a lasting impact), but I'd be surprised if that were the case.
>>
>>65321775

More of a numetal revival.
>>
I honestly don't understand what there is to like about Death Grips.
Some of my friends love them and try to get me to listen to them but everytime I do it sounds like trash...
>>
>>65322308
They either click with you or they don't. They're pretty psychedelic sometimes, and they have a lot of energy. It's a good foil for people like me who normally like whiney sad music.
>>
>>65321946

Please don't tell me Death Grips is the modern day Radiohead. If that's the case I'm just gonna go kill myself. When a group like Death Grips is the considered the equivalent of something that is so great as Radiohead is, there's something wrong with the world. Fuck Death Grips. Fuck rap. Fuck it all.
>>
>>65322493
holy shit, i remember when i was in my "radiohead are perfect and rap sucks" phase, i cringe thinking about posting this sort of shit on /mu/
i still love radiohead, but damn, you'll see what i'm talking about as your taste progresses
>>
>>65322493
I'm a big Radiohead fan too, senpai. Listen to these before you pass off DG as a meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eltn_nyOPh8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX5wk-6Mn5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep0GX7TiWa8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kDinXI0bxM
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.