[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't people make intelligent, soothing music like this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Blue.jpg (367 KB, 1500x1488) Image search: [Google]
Blue.jpg
367 KB, 1500x1488
Why don't people make intelligent, soothing music like this anymore?

If we did, the world would be a much happier and harmonious place. Rap and Hip-Hop destroyed black music culture.
>>
>>65312059
you're retarded
>>
To be fair, white people music isn't faring so well either.
>>
>>65312378
music is quite shit nowadays.

even the next nevermind will probably be posted on bandcamp and the band will never play anything bigger than a 10k venue
>>
>>65312084
>We've gone from spiritual jazz and soul music to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G5BAQhLzMw
If you think Pharoah Sanders and Marvin Gaye weren't infinitely more talented than this pop trap gospel crap that represents black people in music nowadays, you should probably kill yourself.
>>
>>65312464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPeJLcK2Lk
here's a single from the most acclaimed R&B release of this year so far
>>
>>65312411
>popular music is quite shit nowadays
ftfy
>>
>>65312639
When you say "popular music" do you mean top 40 music or everything outside of art music and traditional music?
>>
>why don't people make music like this anymore

There was nothing like it before and nothing like it after. It's one of a kind.
>>
When talking about the new version and it is a good one for the next few weeks of the year before I go to the game and I love the way you are the only one who is a good one for me.
>>
>>65312411
>using nevermind as an example of very exceptional music
>>
File: blue-sky-black-death.jpg (225 KB, 1600x1064) Image search: [Google]
blue-sky-black-death.jpg
225 KB, 1600x1064
>>65312059
>implying hip-hop can't be intelligent and soothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owKi-vJov3Y
>>
>>65312685
mainstream music, shit that average slubs listen to including top 40 crap

The alternative/underground scene of the last 10 years or so has been phenomenal, especially roots/country/folk/blues. I find it absolutely bewildering when I hear people say that music sucks now, like are they just basing that just on what they hear on the radio or what?
>>
Huh, I too was born in the wrong generation.
>>
>>65312936
There was a time when something as boundary pushing as Strawberry Fields Forever or Like A Rolling Stone almost made it to the top of the charts. I agree that the overall music scene is actually better now (and much more varied) than it was in earlier generations, but man, the charts are just awful.
>>
>>65313166
Charts have been on a consistent decline for decades now. So, unless you're I child, I don't see how you wouldn't be used to it by now.
>>
>>65313271
So just because something's status quo there isn't a reason to complain about it?
>>
>>65313166
Yeah, the charts are complete shit now, especially the country charts. Luke Bryan needs to die in a fire
>>
you remind of who i already am
>>
>>65312059
BAIT
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.