[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Classical and Hard Rock are great, but can we agree Metal is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ronniejamesdio1.jpg (1007 KB, 2000x1922) Image search: [Google]
ronniejamesdio1.jpg
1007 KB, 2000x1922
Classical and Hard Rock are great, but can we agree Metal is trash. It's repetitiveand dull, and metalheads are the stupidest fucking peoplemon God's left buttcheek.
>>
>>65302204
>Classical and Hard Rock are great

'no'
>>
>>65302238
>I like to hear the exact same riff 12 times per song.
>Why yes do smoke cigarretes!
>>
>Generalizing a genre
>>
>>65302308
Are you like one f those techno fuckers?
>dubstep
>twostep
>sidestep
>grind-core
>sound-core
>earth-core

Just say fucking meta or techno, metal itself is a fucking subdivision of rock
>>
this is bait
>>
>>65302204
>repetitive and dull

keep your electronic bullshit with random noises then
>>
obviously there is plenty of worthwhile music in metal, but as a general rule 'metalheads' - that is anyone who listens primarily (or worse, exclusively) to metal - really are awful humans. as shallow and narrow-minded as indeh fans they mock, but also ugly fat shits with the inescapable stench of b.o. and aura of autism. every now and then i find myself in the metal general and wonder just how negligent these people's parents must've been
>>
>>65302691
epic b8
>>
>opinions

There's a lot of heavy metal that's creative and not repetitive/derivative.

If you're fed up with the obsessive technicality in a lot of modern metal, then just engage your escapist fantasies and listen to power metal.
>>
>>65302691
You know there are people who listen to different genres and call themselves ''metalheads'' so I don't get why do you feel the redefine the word
>>
>>65302204
>op is gay
>>
Metal died in 1993. Only 12 good albums have been released since then (most of them in 1994, being already recorded by 1993). Metal achieved its creative peak in albums like Onward to Golgotha, Pure Holocaust, and The Red in the Sky is Ours, elevating the genre into a legitimate art form. Now, thanks to Slaughter of the Soul and Gojira, all its potential was squandered and the genre has been reduced into being mere gimmick ridden noise for drunk idiots (i.e. the lowest common denominator - stop trying to turn underground metal into AC/DC).
>>
>>65302204
No, we can't. Metal is not homogenic to be judged as a whole. I doubt you listened to metal much.
Or is it bait? I really can't tell it on this board anymore
>>
I don't think you can really understand metal unless you see it live (in an intimate club venue obviously).

The music is what it is, but even if you don't like it the crowds are unbelievably cool. At times macho, but always inclusive.

Also Moshing should be on your bucket list. I've been doing it for decades, i've never been hurt or even seen a risky situation.
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12 KB, 320x337) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12 KB, 320x337
>metal is repetitive
>listens to classic and hard rock

Shitty, shitty b8.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.