[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are laserbeam turntables the apex of musical autism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 650x488
Are laserbeam turntables the apex of musical autism?
>>
>>65288183
Probably. Just looking at that retarded VCR-looking hunk of bullshit gave me mild assburgers.
>>
The record players that store multiple records at a time and automatically flip the record and change to the next one for you are also pretty bad.
>>
>>65288762
You just don't like them because they used to press double albums to be compatible with them.
>>
I mean it helps with wearing the record down.

>>65288762
Why is this autism? Especially with records is good because they can't store as much music as CDs so with those you don't have to constantly flip them. Those kinds of things are good for CDs too if you want to just have a long mix from multiple CDs without having to manually change them.

Convenience != autism
>>
lol didn't knew there was such a thing. Or is this a nicely done photoshop?
>>
Enormously expensive but totally avoid damage to the tracks of your records, meaning you can listen to them as many times as you like without degrading them.

If they were cheaper they'd be the norm, simple as that.
>>
>>65288990
They can't play colored records
>>
>>65289059
that's racist
>>
>>65289059
If a significant potion of your collection is coloured vinyl then you're collecting for the wrong reason.
>>
>>65289059
t. metalfag
>>
>>65289102
why
>>
>>65288990
The reason they didn't catch on isn't because of the expense, it's because they sound like shit. They're actually *too* sensitive. Slight amounts of dust that would get pushed out of the groove by a traditional needle instead become part of the signal and sound even worse than vinyl does normally. It's true that they won't degrade your records, but if you want perfect reproduction you aren't using vinyl anyway.
>>
>>65289460
Wrong, record archival is all laser performed but they clean them extensively.

Though in fairness that's not exactly home-audio tier.
>>
>>65289102
That's not the point. The point is this machine can't play practically half of all modern records made in the last ten years.

And if your collection is mostly black vinyl as a result of some curmudgeonly purist bullshit, then you're worse off than the color kids.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.