[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did I miss out on Grimes? She's been an indie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: grimes.jpg (529 KB, 1537x1534) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
529 KB, 1537x1534
How the fuck did I miss out on Grimes?

She's been an indie darling for almost 8 years and I've heard of her maybe 3 times, never with the impetus to listen. Now I have purchased and listed to everything she has every produced and written and I am blown away.

-Precise, high-pitched female vocals
-Quality, crisp background tracks
-Track diversity
-Lyrical interpretation; lack of ballad-style songwriting
-Catchy pop-like selections peppered into each album

She is almost like an amalgam of my favorite artists: Enya, Björk, Tori Amos, and mid-energy electronica. She avoids the Britney Spears/Madonna appeal but still holds quality.

I really hope that Grimes sticks around. Is she played on popular radio?
>>
>Is she played on popular radio?
she was recently on jimmy fallon
>>
Holly Herndon and Meghan Remy are 1,000x better, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>65267065
Is she becoming a pop idol? I could see it, but it seems like she is still a little lacking in the sexual side of things.>>65267065
>>
>>65267166
>Holly Herndon
>Meghan Remy

Checking them out post-haste. Thanks.
>>
>>65267168
I dont think so based on her most recent album but if the next one's better then maybe.
>>
>>65267216
art angels is her most recent, right?

The song "California" and the other song "Belly of the Beat" seem like they could be top 40 hits with something missing....I can't put my finger on it, but they feel better than any caty perry song.
>>
>>65267065
she looked really good
>>
no leave her alone she wasnt meant for this reeee
>>
>>65267254
yeah and to be fair I only listened to side 1
>>
>>65267539
It is pretty damn great. I am going to be listening to this at work for the next week or so. On repeat.

The high, semi-frenetic vocals and the consistently changing base and percussive patterns are hypnotic in a way.
>>
same, OP. I knew of genesis a few years back, obviously, but lately I've been listening to her more and have fallen in love. she not as underground as we'd like to hope though. everyone I know knows of Grimes and can usually name at least one song by her. every one of her tracks on youtube has around 10m or more views.

she is rly cute tho
>>
>>65267588
she is just a girl anon, the world is your sempai
>>
I don't get the hype. I've heard quite a few songs off her latest album as well as a few from her earlier ones and none of it really strikes me as something I would want to listen to even if I don't dislike it really when listening to it.
>>
Art angels is my 2nd most listened to album ever and that's incredibly embarrassing for me
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.