[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hahahaha wtf this is real hahahhahaaaa holy shit I'm dy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Hahahaha wtf this is real hahahhahaaaa holy shit I'm dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFmtDfTjmE
>>
>>65264630
He reviewed it before the meme
>>
>>65264648
HE GAVE IT A 6/10 OH MY GOD
>>
"This is the album that won me over to Jason Aldean"

3:15
>>
>>65264670
should have gotten at least an 8
>>
File: Scaruffi.jpg (29 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
Scaruffi.jpg
29 KB, 550x366
I think it was the Scaruffi rating that gave this album meme status. I understand the criticism: no 9's all millennium, 1 9.5 for the history of music, then suddenly out of nowhere a 10 for such a politically divisive record? OBND is, to be fair, spectacularly flawed: it hews too close to its obvious inspirations, Trout Mask Replica, Kaoru Abe's Winter 1972, and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring to name a few; some parts, most notably the 9 minute modal jazz fugue 'If My Truck Could Talk', are ambitious to the point of onanism; the dynamics, from -25 dBA RMS for tracks on end to the sound-barrier-breaking cathartic noise tempest on 'Two Night Town: Part II (the Second Night)', make it no less easy for ears more accustomed to modern production styles. I would argue that it is precisely these flaws that give OBND it's effervescent je-ne-sais-pais. From Aldean's liner notes to Burnin' It Down, the centerpiece of OBND:

"Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional 'no,' but only on these conditions. The leaper must make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can't, in other words, be 'leap, leap, leap' for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place.
>>
File: ironic young thug.png (57 KB, 506x163) Image search: [Google]
ironic young thug.png
57 KB, 506x163
>>65264630
>all those annotations
I have to pause that shit every 3 seconds
>>
>>65264670
Way too low imo
>>
>>65264630
p sure he's autistic m8 and he's just trying to give objective unbiased reviews
>>
>>65265610

I mean, his channel is good and all. I just thought this was sorta weird
>>
File: 1372965073661.jpg (6 KB, 233x251) Image search: [Google]
1372965073661.jpg
6 KB, 233x251
>>65265610
why do you think his name is SPECTRUM pulse?
>>
>>65264752
What the absolute FUCK am I reading
>>
>>65265687
I bet he posts here xD
>>
>>65264781
Just click annotations off
>>
>>65265687
top kek
>>
>>65265687
that's mean
>>
File: tybg.gif (999 KB, 427x240) Image search: [Google]
tybg.gif
999 KB, 427x240
>>65264752
>>65265700
>Two Night Town: Part II (the Second Night)
>>
>>65265700
Possibly the best pasta I've ever tasted.
>>
This is the most tonally aggressive review I've ever heard, good lord it's Jason Aldean, calm the fuck down.
>>
based
>>
>no 10/10
Fucking shit taste
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.