[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
daily reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: radiohead is garbage.png (9 KB, 384x194) Image search: [Google]
radiohead is garbage.png
9 KB, 384x194
daily reminder
>>
>>65263374
nobody cares about your shitty opinion friend
>>
What would he rate AMSP?
>>
All accurate.
>>
yeah radiohead isn't that great everybody knows
>>
an old guy whose favorite albums are from the 60s/70s dislikes another modern band

how suprising
>>
>>65263405
>your
>>
The only real problem is Pablo Honey, like what the fuck?
>>
File: 1462455450965.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1462455450965.png
29 KB, 633x758
>As it is often the case with supergroups, Amok (XL, 2013) was an incredible waste of talent. Worse: it was a waste of talent at the service of Yorke's obnoxious vocals.
>the slow slow slow piano ballad Codex is simply devoid of real music: it's just somebody strumming a piano and crooning a trite melody. And Give Up The Ghost it's not even that: just a hippie-style litany repeated over and over again. The ambition of these songs is often hilarious. Yorke's insipid and narcotized singing certainly does not help rescue the rest.
>Without the hype Radiohead's In Rainbows (Radiohead, 2007) would simply be a mediocre attempt at making slightly adventurous classic rock music... Any critic who hails this album as a masterpiece must be missing 99% of the music released in the same month.

WHY IS HE ALLOWED TO GET AWAY WITH THIS??????
>>
>>65263434
>Scaruffi doesn't like modern music
>Radiohead is a "modern band"
Idiot.
>>
>>65263434
a lot of his favorites are from the 90s though..
>>
>>65263434
ahaha that's not true... clearly you haven't actually listened to his top 10 list.
>>
It's pretty accurate, but

>Amnesiac higher than Kid A
>OKC not getting a higher score
>>
>>65263463
OKC should be lower.
>>
nigga he's not gonna inflate his ratings like every kid on /mu/ who thinks every album they enjoy is a 10/10
>>
>>65263374

What was this supposed to be? A daily reminder that you can't think for yourself?
>>
>>65263446

pablo honey isn't that bad.

it's probably the "rawest' Radiohead ever got and it has a few standouts.
>>
>>65263571
I could never get into it, The Bends is easily superior angsty britpop.
>>
>>65263475

Sure kiddo, it's a phase. When you grow up, you will learn.
>>
>amnesiac and OKC highest rated

what's the problem?
>>
>>65263463
>actually thinks kid A is better than amnesiac

fucking plebs
>>
>>65263462
>>65263456
He definitely doesn't like modern music that isn't rock. And by "modern" I mean music between 1980-2000, because he's barely given anything an 8 or above in the last 15 years rock or otherwise. Also he talks so much shit about pop music and then acts like it's no big deal giving the fucking Doors s/t a fucking 9/10
>>
>>65263942
It is
>>
>>65264088
joanna newsom
julia holter
acid mother's temple

et cetera
>>
>>65264129
no its not, kid A is babby's first experimental

Amnesiac is a far more realized Kid A, it knows what it's doing with its sounds
>>
File: fgdfsgsdf.jpg (28 KB, 240x233) Image search: [Google]
fgdfsgsdf.jpg
28 KB, 240x233
No surprises here.
>>
>>65264179
>it knows what it's doing with its sounds

You realise Amnesiac is just the Kid A leftovers?
Hunting bears? Pull/Pulk? Knives Out aka Paranoid Android 2? I wonder who has the decisions to include those pieces of shit.

Kid A, on the other hand, is flawless.
>>
>>65264249
of course not, scruffy has to be the most special snowflake there is
>>
>>65264249
Nothing wrong here.
>>
>>65264320
>knives out
>paranoid android 2

you have no idea what you're talking about

only half of the tracks on kid A are good by the way
>>
>>65264320
>Pulk/Pull
>Bad
>>
>>65263416
>>
>>65264320

Not him, but I disagree.

Amnesiac is a pretty big improvement over Kid A. The thing about Kid A is that a lot of stuff on it was already done before, Treefingers, for example, sounds like something any video game composer would make for an ambient piece in the late 90's (like in Half-Life 1). I don't think it fully commits to it's idea of being electronic and alien, HTDC is a nice track by itself but it could fit on OK Computer. Idioteque is catchy but it's not really alien until the end of it.

Amnesiac, on the other hand, is a lot more original. The album seems to be more about being "in" the middle of all of this. OK Computer was angst, Kid A was anxiety. Amnesiac is dread. Out of all three of these albums. Amnesiac pulls this off the most, imo.

The scattered phrases and industrial beat on Packt Like Sardines which build up to a phrase of " After years of waiting, nothing came, and you realize, you're looking in, looking in, the wrong place. I'm a reasonable man, get off my case (repeat x)" set up a tone for the rest of album.

Pyramid song is a popier track but it's one of Radiohead's best. The build up with the jazz influenced piano and Pink Floyd-ian drumming style with the strings help it be a pretty emotional track. Pulk/Pull serves as a nice unnerving interlude beat that links Pyramid Song and You and Whose Army together well. I could go on why I think Amnesiac is a better album, but I think I've explained my point clearly. (imo)
>>
>>65264088
>He definitely doesn't like modern music that isn't rock.

This is wrong though. He's given high scores to many pop, electronic and new age artists during that period, including several hip-hop artists, and follows modern jazz and classical composers.

>Also he talks so much shit about pop music and then acts like it's no big deal giving the fucking Doors s/t a fucking 9/10

It really isn't though. If you've actually read Scaruffi's reviews and are familiar with what he values in music, his choice isn't surprising at all.

And he doesn't talk shit about pop music. He talks shit about derivative pop acts, and bands that claim to be experimental but are just pretentiously masking up pop songs. Janelle Monae, Rickie Lee Jones, and The Magnetic Fields make innovative pop music that don't fall into those trappings, and so are ranked highly by Scaruffi.
>>
The difference between Amnesiac and Kid A is that Amnesiac is less varied but more cohesive in that sense.
Personally I prefer Kid A but you shouldn't pretend one is objectively better.

AND YOU SHOULDN'T PRETEND EITHER IS PARTICULARLY GREAT
>>
>>65264249
all of those are below a 7/10
if believe otherwise LISTEN TO MORE MUSIC
>>
>>65264249
noooooooo suprises
>>
>>65264320
Everything you said is wrong, typical of a Kid A fag
>>
>>65263374
>>65263423
>>65263428
>>65263463
>>65263475
>>65263481
>>65264986
>lol look at me im hating on radiohead im so special
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.