[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All jazz sounds the same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: john_coltrane-blue_train.png (2 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
john_coltrane-blue_train.png
2 MB, 1280x1280
All jazz sounds the same
>>
True desu
>>
Translation: I listened to 2 bebop albums from the 60's, and they sounded the same on a superficial level, because I'm only used to listening to hip-hop and indie reviewed by rollingstone and pitchfork.

Delete this thread now, and leave the adults in peace.
>>
File: Abbey-Road-Album-Cover-[1].jpg (386 KB, 1408x1228) Image search: [Google]
Abbey-Road-Album-Cover-[1].jpg
386 KB, 1408x1228
All rock sounds the same
>>
File: 1464543164450.jpg (58 KB, 396x691) Image search: [Google]
1464543164450.jpg
58 KB, 396x691
>>65259970
>>
>>65259970
what do you usually listen to faggoid
>>
>>65260047
all jazz fans sound the same too
>>
>>65259970
On one hand it's true that many lines are being repeated but that's just one of the things who make it like a language. It's like how there are the words that every people use but then there are the choice of words that every person makes that makes him different and unique. Jazz is like that.

Also if you coltrane is not the only Jazz artist you head I wonder how you didn't notice the huge differences between him and anyone else.
>>
>>65259970
So does any type of classical if you aren't paying attention.
>>
all music sounds the same
>>
all sound is just vibrations
>>
File: folder.jpg (31 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
31 KB, 500x500
Jazz thread? Anyone got any golden-age bebop recs?
>>
>>65260289
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6LmmjDU9p8
>>
File: Duets_(Dizzy_Gillespie_album).jpg (33 KB, 305x300) Image search: [Google]
Duets_(Dizzy_Gillespie_album).jpg
33 KB, 305x300
>>65260289

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy2ZJAszJcU
>>
What do people like you actually hear when they listen to jazz?
I've seen people make comments like this more than once but I don't understand how anyone can think Kind of Blue sounds like A Love Supreme. I imagine all these people have at least heard those two and even just listening to Coltrane's performances on the two alone, they're so different.
>>
bee bohn boo bop duh nah duh na nah (doop doo)
>>
>>65260435
This is pretty cool. I don't think I've ever heard Dizzy play so bluesy. The approach suits him a lot better than I'd have imagined but you'd nearly not know it was him if it wasn't for the timbre and those mad note dense runs he goes on.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.