[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /mu/'s take on the great mainstream rap battle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: drake-kendrick-j-cole.jpg (70 KB, 600x523) Image search: [Google]
drake-kendrick-j-cole.jpg
70 KB, 600x523
What's /mu/'s take on the great mainstream rap battle of or generation
>>
Cole is the best musician.
Dot is the best rapper.
Drake is the best meme. That's why Drake wins.
>>
Kendrick & Drake are both incredible, but I actually think Drake might edge out K. Dot (sometimes Kendrick can get quite self-indulgent). Cole ranges from great to shit tier, often in the span of one song
>>
>>65257908
The best inspiration for any art comes from the heart.
>>
>>65258827
This is why Drizzy is best.
>>
Replace Cole with Future. That's where it is now, even though I don't like Future very much.
>>
>>65258856
Drake raps about bitches not responding to his text messages. Dot raps about real shit.
>>
>no young thug
>>
>>65259162
memes xD
>>
>>65257405
Gucci will cut out all of their hearts and shit down their throats. Burr.
>>
>>65257405
k.dot is my favorite, but they're all pretty good desu
>>
After his latest review I'm surprised u faggots aren't cocksucking chance's latest.
>>
>>65257908
>>65258856
>Drake is incredible

Holy shit get out of this thread. It's obvious you don't know shit about hip hop.
>>
>>65257405
Kendrick > Cole > Quentin Miller > Drake

Drake is a fake rich fuckboy who pays people to make his music and is a complete culture vulture. Some of his music is good, but his rapping is subpar. He was much better in the So Far Gone/Thank Me Later days, lyrically. But if he didn't write it, it doesn't really matter.

Cole is a great story-teller with amazing social commentary. The whole "hurr he only talks about shit" meme is inaccurate, since those lines are few and far between.

Kendrick is everything a good mainstream rapper should be. He sets the bar.
>>
>>65257626
I cannot see any lie here
>>
Not best 3, best 5 if we're going to be comprehensive. Cole, Kendrick, Drake, Thugger, and Future.
>>
>all this drizzy hate
Yall didn't listen to Views yet. Controllaaaaaa, controla!
>>
They're all fucking garbage, to be honest.

Rap has fallen so far off.

The current landscape of rap/hip-hop/even R&B is the most degenerate, cancer inducing, brain cell killing era of any genre in music history.
>>
i'm admittedly a kendrick stan but i think he's just so far ahead of the other two in terms of skill and emotional delivery. drake is decent but i view him more in terms of an r'n'b pop star who's a sort of decent rapper, honestly, kendrick is on another level.
>>
>>65260718
The biggest part of rap that has been absent in recent years is niggas gettin shot.
>>
>>65260718
shut the fuck up you faggot
>>
Hey Remember when 50 Cent and Kanye West had beef to see who would have the Billboard nr1 album?
I guess not, because p4k didn't talk about rap back then eheheh
>>
>>65257405

Drake #1 since 2009

1. Drake
2. Aubrey Graham
3. Drizzy
4. C. Papi
5. The Boy
6. Champagnepapi
7. Young Money Angel
8. Jimmy from Degrassi
9. The Jew From OVO Sound
10. The Most Successful Rapper Under 33. Future
11. freddie gibbs
12. me
13. mike shinoda/mc ride
14. the game
15. eminem
16. j. cole
17. young thug/
18. mf doom/vince "carried by the no i.d. production" staples
19. run the jewels/kanye "semi-retired" west
20. kendrick lamar
22. retired lil wayne
23. beyoncé
24. c u c k e d jay z
25. pusha "coke" T
26. desiigner
27. archteect
28. lil boat
29. lil titanic
30. kid cudi
>>
>>65257405
They aren't battling each other though
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 715x715
KENDRICK ON EVERYTHING, KENDRICK ON WEDDING RING
MARRIED TO THE GAME, MADE A BAD BITCH YOURS
>>
>>65258856
>Drake
>from the heart

he's literally on record as being meme oriented
>>
If J. Cole is considered a top 3 for this generation of hip-hop then something is very wrong
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.