[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think about the new wave of trap music made up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: trap.jpg (302 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
trap.jpg
302 KB, 1366x768
What does /mu/ think about the new wave of trap music made up of mostly metrosexual multicoloured dreadlocks ass niggas who hang out with Ian Connor like Lil Uzi Vert, Young Thug, Lil Yachty, Rich the Kid, and Playboi Carti?
>>
I dunno
>>
>>65251455
it's ok
>>
>>65251455
love it
>>
>>65251455
would rather have young rappers sounding like they do than doing rae sreummurd kidz bop shit
>>
>>65251455
niggers
>>
faggots and cocksuckers

but I'd rather be gay than fuck one of these nigger women too
>>
ian connor is evil
lil uzi vert sucks
young thug is ten, twenty leagues above all these people
yachty is at least somewhat in his own lane
rich the kid was clever enough to latch onto this wave because he was going nowhere as a migos weedcarrier
the jury is out on playboi carti, the ian connor association is bad
>>
>>65251455
They are the modern-day rockstars. Eccentricity is great, especially in a scene so dominated by unfailing masculinity, where anything that didn't fit that mould was (and to a certain extent, still is) considered "gay", which is worse than just about everything else.
It's just too bad they're all talentless hacks with horseshit music
>>
skrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt
>>
>>65251455
they look retarded
>>
Barely anything is keeping them all from being mistaken for one another.

Another poster was right about Thugger and Yachty, though.

For the life of me I can't see the fascination for Carti though.
>>
>>65251520
>thinking there's a difference
it's all targeted trendy crap for teenage boys
>>
>>65252032
except some of the "scene" is actually creative

compare lil boat to sremmlife and try to tell me there's not a huge gap in innovation between the two
>>
>>65252080
for me, there's very little difference

rae sremmurd
>pushed into the industry, essentially a rap boyband
>given beats by famous producers because they're the next big thing!!11
>autotuned vocals which make regular use of popular slang, songs often attempt to introduce their own catchphrases, meme creation (no flex zone! etc)

lil yachty
>shoved into the industry
>given beats by famous producers because he's the next big thing!!11
>autotuned vocals which make regular use of popular slang, songs often attempt to introduce their own catchphrases, meme creation (it's the boat! etc)

i don't really hate either of them but they're both flavor of the month committee-created acts aimed squarely at teenagers, designed for a short shelf life so they can be dropped when the next thing is ready. there's a reason hypebeast kids on twitter always say "[insert here] up next!" bc thats how music works for them
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.