[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you write music? I know how to play guitar, but a qt has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
How do you write music? I know how to play guitar, but a qt has asked me to play in her shoegaze project and I don't know shit about composition.

help
>>
>>65240807
>shoegaze
Don't worry you won't need to know anything about composition.
>>
>>65240836
I like shoegaze but this is true.
>>
File: image.jpg (100 KB, 936x864) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100 KB, 936x864
>>65240807
um, if its HER project
wouldnt she be writing the shit?
>>
>>65240918
Apparently just lyrics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>>65240836
>>65240864
so uh, just lots of reverse reverb and fuzz?
>>
>>65240942
Just analyse other people's songs, try to understand why they did what they did in every aspect you can, and somewhere on the road you'll get it.
>>
>>65240807
>How do you write music?
I create some template idea and follow it.

Actually I can only make music this way, even my song names follow some sort of template.
>>
the beginner's guide to songwriting

pick a key
pick a chord progression
use different rhythms, accents and tempos to make it at least somewhat interesting
come up with a catchy vocal melody (hint: listen to other music for inspiration, but vary it up so as not to "steal")
try and incorporate a good hook

that's all I can tell you really
>>
>>65241221
a hook IS a vocal melody
>>
>>65241181
whats an example "template" idea?
>>
>>65241428
no? a vocal melody plays throughout the entire song, during the verses, bridges, while the hook is something that catches the ear immediately and HOOKS somebody into the piece of music. it doesn't even necessarily have to be a vocal melody, it could be a guitar riff for example.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.