[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I love Björk, but this album was incredibly boring. Hands down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: vulnicura.jpg (842 KB, 3900x2600) Image search: [Google]
vulnicura.jpg
842 KB, 3900x2600
I love Björk, but this album was incredibly boring. Hands down her worst album to date. Yes, even worse than Volta.
>>
Disagree, I think there are very many memorable tunes on here. It's not as good as the Holy Trinity (Post, Homogenic, Vespertine) but still great.
>>
>>65225846
First 2 tracks are good, everything else is a blur. Honestly, I tried giving it another listen just now and I can honestly say I don't like it at all. Maybe my expectations were too high but man, what an underwhelming album.
>>
File: cold bork.jpg (980 KB, 2105x2847) Image search: [Google]
cold bork.jpg
980 KB, 2105x2847
her emotions on the album make it great
>>
>>65225886
>blur
blurk
>>
It was really weak and awkward to listen (EVRY SINGHUL FAACK WEE HAADD), yeah, but still a great album. Biophilia was way better but there's no way it's worse than Volta.
>>
Whatever happened with that supposedly anti-Vulnicura album she was working on? Was it all just lies?

Did you lie to me again, /mu/?
>>
>>65228895
Why would it come out now, so early?

She's working on it.
>>
>>65229310
>Why would it come out now, so early?
Cause
>>
>>65228851
don't be a prude how is that awkward
it's like people who complain about that song on benji called dogs
it must be years of indie rawk geetar bands hiding their lyrics about sex under 10 layers of metaphors
>>
>>65229369
>don't be a prude how is that awkward
Aww, you think it's about the word "fuck"
I bet you think everyone who thinks HOPELESSNESS has terrible lyrics are just scared of the TROOF.
>>
>>65228851
Why does this board overrate Biophilia so much? It's almost as bad as Volta, it just had an interesting concept behind it.
>>
It's among my favorites largely due to the darker direction, but it does also sound a bit retrospective. I think it touches base with Homogenic and Vespertine thematically but also a little sonically, it brings back some of Medulla's vocal and production fuckery and has a tendency to meander about the way Biophilia does. Now I'm not the biggest fan of the back third but the first third is great while the middle third is fucking incredible - Black Lake, Family, and Notget is possibly my favorite 3 song streak from Bjork. And as I mentioned before, this shit just gets dark at times and I personally dig that, that really makes it stand out to me.
>>
>>65227604
For such a personal album she sure as fuck doesn't convey much emotion in her voice. It's her least impressive album vocally. Literally any song off of Vespertine is 10x more powerful than the entire album of Vulnicura.
>>
You're allowed to have your opinion but I disagree.

>>65228895
I do think she said 2016 but I could be wrong. In any case it shouldn't take too long since she said she was already working on it. I don't think it's even been a year since Vulnicura.
>>
File: slippin bra bork.jpg (266 KB, 1900x1652) Image search: [Google]
slippin bra bork.jpg
266 KB, 1900x1652
>>65229874
i'd disagree, songs like family are pretty good at expressing how she feels
>>
>>65229874

Apples and oranges. Vespertine was an album of love and elation, Vulnicura is an album of love lost and its aftermath.
>>
File: painting with.jpg (58 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
painting with.jpg
58 KB, 427x427
I love Animal Collective, but this album was incredibly boring. Hands down their worst album to date. Yes, even worse than CHz.
>>
You are incredibly lucky to have never been hurt before
>>
Vespertine = Biophilia > Debut = Post > Medulla > Volta > Homogenic >>> Vilnicura

>>65229946
Well Strawberry Jam is the only AnCo album that matters tbhonest
>>
>>65230024
>all these bad opinions
>>
>Vulnicura = Vagina
DUDE SEX LMAO: The Artist
>>
>>65225819
No way i think its one of her best. Family is probably one of the best songs she's ever made
>>
File: image.jpg (206 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
206 KB, 640x1136
Copped these at a garage sale. Which do I listen to first
>>
>>65230192
I'm talking about the Bjork ones, by the way, the other CD's above the Bjork ones aren't related my room's just messy I forgot to move them I've listened to everything else already
>>
>>65230192
chronologically obviously, how else
>>
>>65230152
good shitpost
>>
File: spongebobCaveman.jpg (10 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
spongebobCaveman.jpg
10 KB, 300x186
>>65230192
>female artist's face appears in the cover
>>
>>65230303
>male artist's face appears on the cover
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.