[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Everything Pink Floyd released in the 70's is god-tier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: floyd_1370863399.jpg (199 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
floyd_1370863399.jpg
199 KB, 1000x1000
>Everything Pink Floyd released in the 70's is god-tier
>They release this stupid snoozefest
God fucking dammit Roger Waters
>>
But this is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwnCxvnmvKU
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 592x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 592x441
>post Barrett Floyd
>good

if you like cringey melodramatic prog ditties, maybe
>>
But that's my favourite PF album

Call me Mr Snooze
>>
>>65213644
Nice dubs Mr Snooze
>>
Roger Waters ruined Pink Floyd before that album you dip
>>
File: laughing roger waters.jpg (27 KB, 315x608) Image search: [Google]
laughing roger waters.jpg
27 KB, 315x608
>>65213773
>mfw contrarians say Roger Waters ruined the band
If Waters had left Pink Floyd in the 60s or 70s David Gilmour would've become the lead songwriter and that would've been disastrous. Instead of making masterpieces like Meddle and Wish You Were Here they would've collapsed and The Piper at the Gates of Dawn would be their only remembered album. Even if you think Syd Barrett was the true talent of Pink Floyd you have to admit that Waters was better at songwriting than Gilmour, Richard Wright and Nick Mason.
>>
>>65213569
>60s psych fags

Is there a worse group of people out there in regards to Classic Rock fans?
>>
>>65213569
Syd Barrett's whole take on psychedelia was fucking excruciating.
>>
>>65213569
When you look at it objectively, Syd Barrett's association with Pink Floyd actually makes no fucking sense. They were doing two completely different types of music. Pink Floyd didn't really begin until Syd Barrett left anyway, so it's like if Tiny Tim fronted Talk Talk on their first album, so the two had this absurd association for the rest of time when really they shouldn't be compared at all because they have nothing in common.
>>
>>65214669
Yeah, but the reason their 70's output was so great was because Roger Waters provided a template for David Gilmour and Richard Wright to fill in and make it amazing. Even Animals, which is credited almost entirely to Waters, Gilmour and Wright basically owned on a sonic level.
>>
>>65213559
And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnQ65J02XA
>>
>>65215994
Na, that's shit.
>>
I actually love this album, I think it's even better than the wall desu.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.