[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/kbg/ - Kate Bush General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 300x300
I have seen many threads about Björk on /mu/ in recent days, which is great. But sadly, I've seen no Kate Bush threads in the same timeframe. So, let's discuss Kate the Great.
What's your favorite KB album? Your least favorite?
What's your favorite song by Kate, and what is your least favorite?
Pic related, my favorite Kate album. My favorite song is probably Cloudbusting. Least favorite album is probably Director's Cut, and least favorite song is probably either Watching You Without Me or Room for the Life.
>>
the dreaming is my favorite too, hounds is close though. they're both 10/10. kate at her prime was much better than bjork. babooshka, night of the swallow and cloudbusting are my favorite tracks.
>>
File: Kate Bush.jpg (29 KB, 340x425) Image search: [Google]
Kate Bush.jpg
29 KB, 340x425
>>65209702

>you will never see Kate live

Fuck
>>
>>65210347
>tfw Kate is stuck on her little island due to her fear of planes
It hurts. I guess if I want to go see her in concert, I'll have to be the one to take the flight. Here's hoping she does "After the Dawn"
>>
File: 8493026.jpg (15 KB, 551x720) Image search: [Google]
8493026.jpg
15 KB, 551x720
>>65209676
I love Bjork, but it's nice to take a break once in awhile. The Dreaming is my favorite album by her, my favorite song on it being Sat in Your Lap. I really love Hounds of Love too, but side two really killed it for me.
>>
Im trying to listen to all of her discography but im stuck at The Kick Inside. Fuck me this is good. Listned to it for the first time this month and it's already in my top 10 of all time
>>
i love kate
>>
>>65209676
The Dreaming is great, but I have to go with Hounds of Love
>>
>>65210512
lionheart in my opinion is a step up from TKI. I highly recommend it
>>
File: ilon_gaoo.jpg (8 KB, 196x140) Image search: [Google]
ilon_gaoo.jpg
8 KB, 196x140
>>65209676
Best album is Hounds of Love

Runner up is The Dreaming

Best single song is The Man With The Child In His Eyes

There is no contest, that song will be forever the greatest Kate Bush song

If you think some later KB song is better, you are wrong:
The Man With The Child In His Eyes is the best Kate Bush Song.

<3

- P
>>
why does kate bush always look stoned out of her head in every picture she's in?
>>
>>65212088
her mind is on some other shit
>>
Favourite song: Get Out Of My House

The soundscape on that shit is unreal when the guitars come in. Catchy, incredibly dramatic and ambiguous at the same time.
>>
>>65212088
she was a stoner
look it up
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 1024x1535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 1024x1535
The intro is the only song I like on pic related. Are there other artists who make pop songs using what sounds like an orchestra?
>>
>>65213085
By "pic related" I meant OPs image
>>
>>65213085
bjork, joanna newsom, the moody blues, just google chamber pop or baroque pop
>>
>>65213112
NO YOU DIDN'T YOU WERE THINKING OF SEX AGAIN!
>>
The Dreaming is my favorite. Not sure if I could pick a favorite song though.

Also I wonder when/if she'll release another album. I know there are long delays between them because she's focusing on her family but it's already been 5, almost 6, years.

>>65213085
Chamber/baroque pop. Look it up. Early Scott Walker is a good rec I think. Some Sufjan stuff (like Illinois) does this too. And Jens Lekman.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.