[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did it really deserve it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (315 KB, 720x539) Image search: [Google]
image.png
315 KB, 720x539
Did it really deserve it?
>>
Yes

It's very middle of the road. Way too many unless / nothing features that drown out otherwise charming nuances in the production stems and prolong the runtime past its welcome.

The mix is dogshit.
>>
>>65206951
yes. A lot of tracks could have been cut and kanye west really sound like a power-tripping asshole on this compared to his previous projects.
>>
>>65206951
no, 6 is way too high
>>
>>65206951
No, it's a decent 8
>>
>>65206951
Yes
>>
>>65207068
shut up hater
>>
hmm
>>
monster somehow made Nicki minaj sound fantastic
>>
>>65206951
As far as cohesive quality goes it's a strong 8. The first 3 songs and the intro included are kinda week and Gorgeous is good but not amazing, doesn't stand out enough.

As far as premise goes it's absolutely fantastic and I think a lot of people that think it sucks have it fly over their head a bit. It's meant to be obnoxious and dumb, that's what makes it interesting. He blends this juvenile stupidity with some profoundly beautiful musical moments and he creates something in its own world that makes it unique and interesting because of it. There's something so relatable about what he does on this album despite being completely divorced from my own experiences.

If every song were in the same world as Devil in a New Dress, Power, Monster, Runaway, Hell of a Life, Blame Game and Lost in the World it'd be an easy 10.
>>
>>65208808
>It's meant to be obnoxious and dumb
Intentionally bad is still bad
>>
>>65206985
Who are the useless features?
>>
>>65208808
>duuur it's bad on purpose so it must be good
You should really consider killing yourself
>>
>>65206951
it's more of a 4/10, but giving it 6/10 is a respectable enough opinion.
>>
>>65206951
He put in on his list of best albums of the year. His opinion of the album "evolved"
>>
>>65208894
Off the top of my head, Jay Z, Swizz Beats, Bon Iver (lol), and Pusha T. Their contributions do nothing to accelerate the conceptual meanderings of the album.

They're just there as some kind of testament to its importance.
>>
>>65208894
>>65211344
Oh, and Rick Ross.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.