[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I found these mysterious vinyl records at Goodwill today. Da
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: gail final.jpg (2 MB, 1941x1500) Image search: [Google]
gail final.jpg
2 MB, 1941x1500
I found these mysterious vinyl records at Goodwill today. Dated 1948 and displaying hand written
song titles performed by an artist who only calls himself by the name of “Gail”.
Who is this artist in a time capsule known only as Gail? Is “Gail” a He or a She? Did “Gail” belong to an early LGBT Community?
The vinyl itself is an extremely rare discontinued “record-able” medium. It was far from cheap to self-produce yourself in 1948.
Unlike today when anyone with a cell phone is a superstar. Could this be “Gails” foretold rise into the mainstream’s subconscious?
I will be digitally ripping these recordings and releasing them on June 6th 2016 via Soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/whoisgail

...Questions will be answered.....The rest is unwritten.
>>
File: IMG_0973.jpg (621 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0973.jpg
621 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>65199405
Are you a fifteen year old?
>>
>>65199683
fuck you man I thought this would be kind of cool
you are about to lose the chance to hear "Gail" original recordings
>>
take this shit to reddit buddy

if i was feeling particularly autistic today and wanted to hear an old cover of Four Leaf Clover, I'd listen to my Al Bowly youtube playlist. I don't know why you think Gail would be LGBT, that was a common name. You could never answer that question anyway. This just seems dumb as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_20160527_083841232.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160527_083841232.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
>>65199683
Did I hit a nerve?
>>65200127
This. OP is probably a dumb teenager who thinks he found something special. Why are you assuming all the shit you did in the OP?
>LGBT community
>Rise to the mainstream subconscious
>The vinyl itself is an extremely rare discontinued "record-able" medium

What were you actually trying to say with that last one? That it was out of print?

Well, I won't stop you, go ahead and rip it with your lp60 and put it on SoundCloud.

Also if you want a record that's actually rare, something that actually is practically unknown outside of the Detroit noise scene, here's something. I bought it after Chatoyant's show. Can't find anything about it. There aren't any CDs as far I know, and I don't anything on /mu/ has listened to it.
>>
>>65200127

i tried....what subreddit should i post in...reddit...the only way anyone would be interested in hearing this is if i paid for marketing...it was pretty much a waste of time
>>
>>65200236

i cant find it on slsk so it must be rare....
>>
>>65199405
This is like the worst place to try and viral shit please stop

go spam in the soundcloud threads or something
>>
>>65199405
>>65199437
>>65200281
>>65200346
Stop making everyone cringe and release your shitty music like a normal person.
>>
>>65200346
You know how many records from the pre-60s are lost to the sands of time? Of course an era before digital storage would have music not available on digital platforms, unless it had been repressed on CD or released digitally because it was a classic. There are thousands of records like this. This is goodwill record bins everywhere probably, because it's trash 40s pop that probably wasn't even a minor hit on release. Even if someone has this album, and I'm sure someone else does, they're not gonna take the time rip it from the record and put it on SoundCloud. There's no interest at all.

I mean, I have a CD from 2004 by some band in Raliegh that got a major label release I believe, but you won't find it on slsk, because it's shit and no one remembers it.

What's with your speculation about it? Why LGBT?

I refuse to believe anyone over the age of 15 could be this stupid.
>>
Kill yourself.
>>
>>65200735
You're spot on, but it's clearly a bad viral campaign, dude. I don't think it goes beyond that.
>>
>>65200811
Yeah, I'm just take aback at how poorly it's being done.
>>
>>65199405
OP ran away because he got called the fuck out
>>
>>65200735
What band though?
>>
>>65200811
The remainders I think. I bought it for a dollar 'cause the CD case was weird. Don't remember the name and I'm not at home right now. I don't think it's on discogs even.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.